Nevermore - Enemies of Reality clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nevermore - Enemies of Reality clip

I'd say it's about time for a Jackson Jeff Loomis signature series [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Holy S&it!!! somebody shredding in 2003!!!! Can't wait to hear the whole CD. When is it scheduled to be released?

Comment

They are playing at the BW&BW metalfest in Cleveland June 13th or 14th....

Comment

Headlining Fri, 13th...
          http://www.bravewords.com/6pack/

Comment

I can't wait to hear it. Jeff Loomis is like freakin awesome guitarist. His rhythm is like a machine it just keeps churning out awesome riffs, everything he does is so heavy but he can also do soft melodies. His leads are all over the place, that dude shreds. He needs to be on the cover of EVERY magazine instead of all this mudvayne and other gay crap. Jeff can write heavier stuff than mudvayne even if he was tuned up a step to F. And Jeff probably won't get a Jackson deal because he is already with ESP.

EDIT:
            Forgot to add that it would be cool if he did have a Jackson production guitar, that would mean a USA 7 string Jackson, but thats wishful thinking.

[ June 01, 2003, 01:05 PM: Message edited by: Disco Dave ]

Comment

Hey thanks Joe, can you recomend some good songs i can check out? thanks

Comment

Some awesome tunes by Nevermore to check out:

Eb stuff (pre-7 string):
                Seven Tongue of God
                This Sacrament
                Poison God Machine
                Death of Passion
                Lost
                The Learning

Bb stuff (7 string):
                Engines of Hate
                Dead Heart in a Dead Worl

That should keep you busy for a while [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Sweet man, thanks a lot. Ill go start hunting for them... [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Ive never heard these guys before, but since a lot of you talk good things about them, maybe i should check them out. Its cool how you can hear about bands over the internet and then check them out without buying anything. First time i heard of Iced Earth was on an internet forum, and i checked them out, and they are now my favorite band, i cant get enough of them. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I saw Nevermore on their last tour two summers ago. Opeth, Angeldust and a couple other bands opened for them. Nevermore ruled!!!

Larry, in the late '80s, they used to be called Sanctuary (they're also from Seattle) and Dave Mustaine produced their first album, Refuge Denied, and Mustaine also played the solo on their cover of Jefferson Airplane's White Rabbit. Their second album, Into The Mirror Black came out in '89. They broke up in the early '90s when grunge became popular. One, if not both of the guitar players, and I think the drummer, wanted to go in the grunge direction since they were in Seattle and grunge was exploding there. Singer Warrell Dane and bassist Jim Sheppard wanted to stay metal, enlisted Jeff Loomis on guitar and Jeff was only with them for like 6 months before they eventually ended the band, and the old guitar player had the rights to the Sanctuary name.

Nevermore's self-titled first album came out in 1995. Their 5-song EP, In Memory, came out in '96. Later in '96 came The Politics of Ecstacy. In '99 came Dreaming Neon Black, and in 2000 was their last album, Dead Heart in a Dead World. Their new album, Enemies of Reality, should be out July 29.

http://www.nevermore.tv

[ June 01, 2003, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                      X