Picture of Dave Mustaine's new ESP guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Picture of Dave Mustaine\'s new ESP guitar

I meant to say (but couldn't think of it at the time) that if we leave this section to ONLY J/C artists maybe the lack of activity will inspire us to bombard Jackson to "try harder" to get high-profile names on the list. Underground artists are cool and all that, but they don't sell guitars.

I'm sure that Fastuca guy is a great guitarist. I never heard of him before seeing his Star in the NAMM photos thread. Why? Because he's not high profile.

I know McD stated they've got irons in the fire concerning endorsements, but seriously, it's time to go headfirst into the fight.

What's wrong with giving working musicians like Prototype, Devane, and the like Professional model endorsements? Not every endorseee HAS to have a USA model.
    Hell, there's tons of room to make sig models - 7-strings, baritones, single-hum Soloists and Dinkys and Vs, etc etc.
    When they gain in popularity and are on a larger label, move them up to a USA model. It doesn't have to be a total Custom Shop - make it a USA Select.
    Put em in magazines and on posters in guitar stores. Ya know what I do when I see that pic of Fastuca and his sig model? I laugh. I laugh because he looks totally frikkin stupid. I'm sorry to stomp anyone's toes, but seiously, The Misfits had that look 20 years ago and it is just as corny today as it was back then. It'll never be "in" because it's too far "out". I cannot take the guy seriously enough to buy his guitar. Yes it's about outward appearances. If tribal tattoos and shaved balls are in - load up the wagon with every tattooed fuzznut you can find and advertise em like Britny Spears.
    If grunt-and-screechers sell ESPee, get a grunt-and-screech act.
    If white guys that act like black rappers are selling Ibenhads, round up some white guys with dreds and patchknobs (or whatever the fuk they call that crap where their hair is separated into little square patches and tied in little pompoms).
    BUT....find someone with a name and a public image (i.e. touring/working musicians). Don't give me a deal just because I can play, go find someone who probably sucks as a guitarist but their band draws a crowd and are doing regional tours.

Dig in, push like hell, and claw your way to the top. Do you think anyone who buys ESP or Ibanez cares if their endorsees are being paid or given free gear to use and advertise those brands? Hell no. Why is anyone holding on to such an outdated and un-profitable mindset of "integrity"? Ever try to cash out integrity? Ever try to make a deposit at the bank? Ever try to buy food with it?

Call Yngwie and ask him if he'd like to try out a Soloist or a Dinky made to his Strat specs.

Call Blackmore and ask him the same thing.

Call Jeff Beck and ask if he's interested in a pink Soloist.

Call Steve (JCF) and ask if he'd be interested in an import endorsement.

Call Annah and ask her if she'd like an RR5 (RR6 with Floyd?) Pro deal.

Call Eddie Ojeda, Oz Fox, Michael Sweet, and Steve Vai.

Call the somebodys and the kinda-somebodys. Play the game by the new rules.

It's like basketball - there are new rules for basketball which accommodate the "street ball" players - inner-city kids who didn't have a rulebook, just a ball and a hoop. Time was you got fouled for hanging on the goal - today you HAVE to hang on it.
    Time was you could not reach in to tap away the ball from another player or bump the guy you were guarding. Today it's like football in shorts.

Time was you could have the integrity of not giving away anything - build a better mousetrap and the world will beat a path to your door - today, you build a better mousetrap and the world beats you to the market with mass-production and undercutting.

Get with the times or get out of the game.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

my god he looks soooooooooo old!!
      i agree Jackson should get off thier arses and start giving out guitars to the big boys!
      ESP are cool at the mo(mind you with Lynch they have been cool for ages [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
      I think every pro should have an SL1

Comment

Hey at least he wears short sleeves now. Does he have a band?

Comment

Working...
        X