**** we lost more to esp !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: **** we lost more to esp !

After seeing ESP custom shop quotes and the prices on the Artist guitars like Hanneman etc, I can see how they can afford to pay those endorsees so much...

If jackson prices stay reasonable as they are, I'm happy with everyone leaving for ESP...

Do you REALLY wanna pay $3000 for a Dave Mustaine series Jackson to give half that to paying the endorsees???? Not!!

I like jackson and could care less that someone big plays them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal:
      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">sorry Cleve I didn't mean to piss you or Matt off and I wasn't trying to be a know it all and I kinda did miss read abit I think anyway time for more coffee //Steve
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">oops, sorry if that looked like i was pissed, I wasn't. I was just respeaking what I meant sorta... Not pissy, haha... </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] yeah , and I can be a know it all sorrta sometimes , I guess it depends what kinda mood I am in when I get here sometimes I can be a real grump ........ no more posting when I am grumpy and bitter [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

When you put in an order at the Jackson custom shop, it takes about a year. If that's the backlog, they're doing just fine. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

And I could care less who switches to ESP. Anyone who's got an "Signature" guitar from ESP gets highly paid in relation to how many of their guitars sell, normal ESP endorsees only get their guitars for a few hundred each. "good bang up guitars for cheap. I didn't want to bang up my Jackson" is what one endorsee who switched to ESP told me.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Regarding Mustaine and Fender - didn't Fender post price increases? Even if those are just MAPs, there are dealers like GC who will charge the full list price, or offer a measly $200 off list and claim it's a bargain, so if Fender/Jackson is making more money off sig model price hikes, why shouldn't the artist? Is Delores getting money for every new RR1, RR3, Custom Shop RR, and RR5? I doubt it. They've probably cut her back to one model at best.

But then, which executive makes these decisions? Hmmmm. Who in the company decides how best to MARKET the brand? Hmmmm. Could it be the VP of Marketing? I bet it is. And if my bet wins, I can tell you Jackson will be run once again by a small TX based group called IMC, with a certain D.ouch W.ater behind the wheel.

Mustaine has a right to be mad (as does Steve). There's a limit to integrity and honor. Neither of those have been instrumental in securing the top position for a company in the last 100+ years of civilization, so why does anyone think it will today? Jackson stopped being the company that Grover started years ago, as all his original company policies (except to make the finest guitar they can) have been dropped by the managing menaces, so why hang on to the very one that keeps Jackson so far behind ESP and Ibenhad in brand recognition and star power?
          Ever see the movie Tucker: The Man And His Dream? Very insightful. Kinda reminds me of this situation - maybe ESP and Ibenhad are paying off the VP of Marketing at Jackson to drop or not pursue endorsees?

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal:
            After seeing ESP custom shop quotes and the prices on the Artist guitars like Hanneman etc, I can see how they can afford to pay those endorsees so much...

If jackson prices stay reasonable as they are, I'm happy with everyone leaving for ESP...

Do you REALLY wanna pay $3000 for a Dave Mustaine series Jackson to give half that to paying the endorsees???? Not!!

I like jackson and could care less that someone big plays them.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">A Ferrari is expensive not because of the name but because of the substance of the car itself. If Jacksons get too cheap, then it'll only repel people. Who wants to be up on stage with that cool pawn shop guitar?

I don't want to pay $3,000 for a Mustaine model, but I doubt ESP owners would have to if ESP was rational and not so thirsty to drink some Jackson blood. The higher the price, the less they sell. the less they sell, the more they have to charge to break even. It's a self-damning circle. You can make a sig model with a price designed to make it accessible so sales pay the artist, like ESP's cheaper LTD version of Kirk Hammett's sig model, or the PRS sig model imports. Jackson can do the same easily.

Comment

I would also guess that ESP pays the Japanese Luthier`s alot less than Jackson pays theirs? If so, and ESP sells their top end Sig guitars for a high price, then I would think ESP`s profit margin is larger, thus having the money to pat endorsees more, vicious cycle, I`ll take the USA Jackson thank you [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Working...
              X