Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like Metallica have finally come to their senses again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Looks like Metallica have finally come to their senses again...

Excellent setlist. I am glad one was cut. Kirk has been botching that solo and mish moshing it lately. I Would go see that show no problem.
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Hey Metalcop when did you see Metallica? I love hearing about the good ol' days.

Comment

Saw them at the Monsters of Rock with Van Halen, Scorpions and Dokken. Next I saw them with Suicidal Tendencies on the Justice Tour. I also saw them with Queensryche, which was almost like a double bill, QR was every bit as good as them. I also saw them with the Cult one time. Another time I saw them play at the local fairgrounds (!) with no opening act. The show was very short about 1.5 hours and it started and ended early due to local noise ordinance laws. Jason Newsted was so stinking drunk that he passed out on stage, had to be carried off, and they did the last 4 or 5 songs as a 2 piece! It sounded like sh!t!! That last concert I felt ripped off. The sound with no bass was like listening to And Justice For All on all of their tunes! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

They're a bunch of posers. The only reason they're playing an old set like that is to try winning back their original fan base.

They see that heavy music is making a comback, so they're hopping back on the gravy train. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Funny how so many people will just forget their whiny anti-napster and load/reload crap, and everything after And Justice. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And they'll make a ton of money. Guess that's what it's all about for them. I heard they weren't doing very well financially. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

What no Creeping Death? [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

They're playing in Holland too, this summer. I'm not going. It is - except for the omission of Creeping Death - an awesome setlist though. And no more freakin' annoying medleys! I will say though that it would actually be worth my while to go check them them out just in order to see if they're still capable of performing the old and fast stuff like they used to. I still fondly remember a very young Metallica opening for Venom in '85. Goes to show how old I am [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

But, I'm fed up with them. I've seen them so many times already, even during the Load and Reload bull****. Besides, I refuse to pay top dollar for a ticket to a show which includes AND Metallica AND Limp Bisf*ck. THe horror [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

[ May 21, 2003, 07:54 AM: Message edited by: Ironhead_metal ]

Comment

They will be doing a tour by themselves other than the Sanitarium ****.

Metallica not doing well financially??? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] What a laugh, they are already set for life, probably.

Here's night 2's setlist-
              Blackened
              No Remorse
              Ride the Lightning
              Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
              The Thing That Should Not Be
              Frantic
              Creeping Death
              Whiplash
              Leper Messiah
              Master of Puppets
              One
              Battery
              ----------
              Harvester of Sorrow
              Seek and Destroy
              Hit the Lights
              ----------
              So What
              Breadfan
              Damage, Inc.

Breadfan is back (yes I know it's a cover, but a good song), Harvester of Sorrow is back, Whiplash, Blackened, The Thing That Should Not Be, all return.

I don't care if you hate Metallica now, but they made so many freakin awesome songs and made such a contribution to metal that I think they deserve a lot of respect. Think what you will of them...these old songs kick arse.

Comment

Man I can't hate Metallica if they are going to play that setlist. Honestly I do forget about the napster etc... crap when I hear anything from kill em to justice. So they made money.. So what. Seeing as I am in sales I would find it real hypocrytical to say they are a sellout. They just got to sellout with something they liked instead toiling like many others
                I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

http://www.metallica.com/metontour/met.asp

There's a vid of part of the No Remorse performance on there. Check it out. WOW...this **** sounds better than ever. Metallica seems more energetic than they've been since...EVER...un-f'n-believable.

[ May 21, 2003, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: Guitarzan ]

Comment

Fight Fire With Fire was played on night 3 at the Fillmore... [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Can`t find the VID [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] ? Jack.

Comment

On the right side of the page, click on the V.

Comment

Working...
                        X