Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Metallica - St. Anger - Actual Review !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Metallica - St. Anger - Actual Review !!!

Thanks Stu, that backs up what I've heard. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I've been wondering about the solos too...If you are going to make an album like this, with 7-10 minute long songs, not radio friendly and you are in a "guitar driven" band, why not have solos ?? Even if it is wah'ed out pentatonics, who cares...

Comment

I just checked out their website and a few things caught my attention. The first was the fact that they are putting a free DVD in with the new album showing the band rehearsing the new songs in a practice space. The second was a video of the band jamming with Robert on bass-they played some new material for a few seconds and it reminded me of Queens of the Stone Age.

Comment

imo, even if they were to 'return to their roots' it would mean jack **** if there weren't any solos (so it wouldn't in fact be a return to the metallica of older days)

But they say that solos 'didn't fit' into these songs, that they tried it out but it took away from what they saw in the music rather than adding to it... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] Personally I'd say any shredding / guitar masturbation is alwais A++ [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

guess we'll have to wait and see..

[ April 29, 2003, 09:14 PM: Message edited by: eet_fuk_81 ]

Comment

I just can't handle Hetfields vocals anymore. The just rub me the wrong way. Maybe it is because I have listened to them for so long. I bought Kill'em all when it was new. After some of them ballads on garage days and S&M. [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

I just can't listen to him say yeaa, one more time. Those little ad libs [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] oops there I go again.

Every since I saw them live at Lollapalooza when they played the (back to the roots)medley.

I probably buy and listen to the ablbum though so, just like everyone else. So it doesn't really matter.

[ May 02, 2003, 05:58 AM: Message edited by: LRGman ]

Comment

Originally posted by LRGman:
              I just can't handle Hetfields vocals anymore. The just rub me the wrong way. Maybe it is because I have listened to them for so long. I bought Kill'em all when it was new. After some of them ballads on garage days and S&M. [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

I just can't listen to him say yeaa, one more time. Those little ad libs [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] oops there I go again.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Took the words right out of my mouth! I had hit the limit after hearing him on the S&M ad libing "Oh yeeeah baby" in Puppet tunes!
              Calls for another... [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Anybody catch that comedian who does jokes about Hetfield & AC-DC singing styles? Don't recall his name but he actually sings some 'Tallica & ACDC parodies and nails 'em both....of course exagerating Jaymz' Yay-ahhh whoo-aahh stuff!

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I know Jim Breuer does an AC/DC thing in his stand-up routine. He mentions metallica, but I don't remember him impersonating Hetfield.

Comment

lol Jim Brewer's AC/DC is awesome ^.^
                    Who's the guy that makes fun of hetfield though? I'd like to see that [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Jim Breuer actually impersonates James Hetfield on his comedy CD as well. My aunt has it. It's pretty dead on. The '-ah!' at the end of a phrase is pretty characteristic.

Speaking of Metallica reviews, the new Revolver mag has a big article on Metallica, it claims it's easily Metallica's heaviest effort since ...AJFA. Sounds promising.

Comment

Can't wait to check out the new album...I'm one of those guys who got introduced to Shred Metal after listening to Master of Puppets too. I don't know...I've watched these stay on top, sell albums and still shred heavy riffs. I used to listen to Metallica way back when they weren't mainstream and all my friends thought I was nuts. A few years later, all of them own the black album??? I really liked metallica cause they didn't sound like everyone else. And all of a sudden, they're on top and everyone loves em. It doesn't mean I have to hate them now. I would like them to move from the heavy riffing back to some heavy speed metal...but I still like thier stuff.

Comment

sneak preview
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG:
                            sneak preview
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I just listened to that... it sucks ass!! [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by VitaminG:
                              sneak preview
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I just listened to that... it sucks ass!! [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thats not Metallica [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Ok. It kinda sounds like a gay James trying to sing a Beatles cover, but then again I'm a little drunk and my hearing may be off! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X