Metallica's New Logo & Cover Art - St. Anger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Metallica\'s New Logo & Cover Art - St. Anger

Sully, you've got it all wrong. KMFDM means... Kirk Masturbates For Dave Mustaine! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'm not into the cover art but the logo's cool. From all the rumors about the album I'm not sure what to expect but like every metal fan I'll buy it the first day.
      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

The logo kinda reminds me of a Misfits shirt i saw one time. I think the Puppets one had the best cover.

Comment

Misfits. You nailed it. The old logo was too Metal, so they had to punk it up to sell to the teenyboppers.
          Marketing.
          Anyone esle's radio stations have "Mandatory Metallica"? Mine does. It's always the same crap - Nothing Else Matters and stuff from Loaf and Re-Loaf.

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

KLOS used to. (LA's "Classic Rock that really rocks") [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] I dunno, I stopped listening a while back. Every night at 9 PM they'd play about 3 songs. If it's gone now, I'm sure they'll bring it back when St. Anger is released.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:
              "kylie minogue fans don't masturbate")
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oooooh yes they do....
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Re: Metallica\'s New Logo &amp; Cover Art - St. Anger

Originally posted by Newc:
                Anyone esle's radio stations have "Mandatory Metallica"?
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">hahahah Yup... KEGL 97.1 here in Dallas does. EVERY SINGLE FREAKIN NIGHT at 9:00CST... Ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by ChickenScratch:
                  ... but like every metal fan I'll buy it the first day.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You misspelled "gullible sheep."

[ April 24, 2003, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: necrotechno ]
                  please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Originally posted by necrotechno:
                    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by ChickenScratch:
                    ... but like every metal fan I'll buy it the first day.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You misspelled "gullible sheep." </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Just like the Metallica haters who "misspell" the name as "Metphallica"... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

hahahah Yup... KEGL 97.1 here in Dallas does. EVERY SINGLE FREAKIN NIGHT at 9:00CST... Ugh.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">One of the many reasons I quit listening to the radio completely. The Eagle's supposed to be the some kind of badass rock station... have you noticed how their playlist is now the exact same as the classic rock station, KZPS? Only KZPS doesn't play Nickelback which makes them infinitely more listenable. Holy ****, did I just say that?
                      [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Had 'tallica really gotten back to their roots, their cover probably would've looked something like this:

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

YES!! LOL you nailed it!

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] now the original cover looks even gayer after that one..

Comment

Wow, that is a nice touch added to that!!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

It looks like Microsoft clipart. Ack.

-E.
                                Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Working...
                                X