ESP Rhoads... Children Of Bodom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ESP Rhoads... Children Of Bodom

damn, those links posted over there aren't working...
    anybody could help me see this new ESP-guitar too? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
    I'm really curious for that one...

as far as I've read in the first post;
    I think the one with green bevels is a jackson.
    I know alexi is playing one of roope latvalas old jacksons once in a while...
    at least he was on the last gigs I've seen. here's a pic;

roope doesn't use this one anymore at all as far as I know. he's got two newer customs and this one with green bevels is in really pretty poor shape.
    really scratched and abused... must have had a hard life I guess... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

as for the amp question;
    I'm not sure about that, but I've seen a rocktron chameleon preamp in alexis rack.
    maybe he's using this one with his ESP?!
    I've heard roope say that the LeeJackson sounds like crapp without the preamp.... I dunno...

///micha
    Last edited by micha; 06-29-2009, 10:05 AM.
    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Re: ESP Rhoads... Children Of Bodom

Originally posted by Guitarzan:
      I can somewhat clear this up. 48th Street Custom Guitars used to be ESPs custom shop in the USA where custom ESP guitars could be made, however the ESP Custom shop in Japan and the one in the USA have merged and now work as one custom shop. However there are things allowed in Japan that aren't allowed for us Americans...Explorers, Flying Vs (both old styles), stratheads, etc.

If I am wrong, somebody please correct me.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What happened to ESP's Hollywood, California custom shop? I have a 1995 catalog that has a custom order form with the California address and phone number. I know Metallica also got their guitars from the California shop.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Crowe View Post
        God F'ing Awful!

What's next, a Les Paul with the Kramer logo on it?........... uh, never mind.
        "
        Obviously you've never played a Kramer USA model they are bad ass

Comment

How many years since Greg Crowe posted here?
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post

How many years since Greg Crowe posted here?
            http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...56#post1232656

Been a few months.
            Originally posted by horns666
            The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

You know, i clicked on this and was all wtf he's been playing that esp version of the Rhoads for years, then i saw the date.

reviving 6 year old threads.. ugh
              In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Originally posted by Anders View Post
                I've been wondering a bit about that too, the way I understood, there is an ESP custom shop in Hollywood...? Jeff Hannemans guitars say USA on the headstock, and alot of other ESP endorsers guitars also say USA. Can someone clear this up once and for all? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Anders
                I have these answers you seek but why did I not answer them 6 years ago?

Why I am searching for fragments of the past with no answers? Is it because I am still living in the past?

Srsly, If your still around I will answer the question since this thread was brought back from the dead along with my painful past.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                  I have these answers you seek but why did I not answer them 6 years ago?

Why I am searching for fragments of the past with no answers? Is it because I am still living in the past?

Srsly, If your still around I will answer the question since this thread was brought back from the dead along with my painful past.

Tell us, if ya' don't mind, I'm pretty interested in this too .
                  Originally posted by horns666
                  The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

"rise from your grave!"

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
                      Tell us, if ya' don't mind, I'm pretty interested in this too .
                      ESP had a USA custom shop in the later 90s and all the guitars from there said "USA Custom Shop" on the headstock most were made by Pat Wilkins under contract from ESP and ESP had a few "in house" luthiers as well, or from what was claimed by ESPusa but I think it was mostly Wilkins building them.

This only lasted a few years but when you ordered a custom from this time you could request it be made in the USA. Hanneman had a black ESP with the USA logo. I think they officially closed the shop some time in 2000... I may be off on the dates a little but it was only like a 5 year period that they did this.

From time to time you will see these come up on Ebay.

Comment

I really didn't like it. Jackson RR24 looks better. There's no other headstock like Jackson's

Comment

Didn't he switch over to ESP after his Jacksons were stolen in Japan while he was on tour?

Comment

Y'know I asked him about that and he got all gay with me, and just went "ahhh fuck ..fuckkk fuck fuck fuck"! Even after I saved Roope from falling flat on his face TWICE. Then my bro Jeff Loomis came out and shouted my name. So I snubbed Alexi A-ho and said "Here's the REAL fuggin' shredder" and went to Jeff!

I LOVE/Sinergy ..butt fuck Alexi's A-ho. That lil' prick!

But I did read that he tried to commit suicide just a couple days later 'round Christmas...2003?
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDaddyD View Post
                              Perhaps that is how he wanted it. It was custom made for him. You guys are funny...if that same guitar said Jackson you would all be wanking for it. ESP makes comparable quality instruments ot Jackson on their higher level models.. The only real thing that you can ***** about on that tip is the price which is a non issue here.
                              No one was bitching about the model you tool, just the shit bevels (Can I really call them Bevels?) on it
                              Gear

Jackson DXMG
                              Jackson JS30RR
                              Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
                              Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
                              Blackstar HT5H
                              Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
                              Marshall JCM 800 2203
                              Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Originally posted by Infernal Death View Post
                                Ok i just found a site with two pics of Alexi and his new ESP:

Is this Rhoads copy so small or do the painted bevels make it look so small ?
                                Not that i expected something else but his real Rhoads looked much better.

Flo

Not only does that guitar look as ugly as fuck, but that guy looks like a chubby girl.
                                http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X