Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WEEEOOOOWEEEOOOOO! New Opeth in the newsgroups

Just to comment on some comments here:

First of all, I'm not against downloading music, I do so myself to check out new bands or albums that I'm not sure about if they are worth getting.
    However, I don't have a CD burner and don't plan on getting one, and my hard-drive is pretty small and always full. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    When I like something I buy it.

What I'm kinda pissed about (and why I wrote my post above to get it off my chest) is that almost everyone has already downloaded Damnation one month before its release... and talks about it on every messageboard I go to. They are practically ripping it apart on the UM Opeth board and throwing **** in all directions while some people (but only very few) haven't even heard it yet. Those places are no fun to go to right now.

And it was exactly the same way when Deliverance came out. BTW Mikael Åkerfeldt was pretty pissed when he heard that the Deliverance promo was spread over Opeth's official messageboard, and I can totally understand that.

I'm not at all against downloading music, but I hate it when new albums leak before their official release. It really sucks for those who want to (and are able to [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ) wait for it and get the "full experience".

VitaminG, you totally got it right. Thanks for helping out... I'd give you five stars if it was possible, man! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

EDIT: I spelled Mikael's name wrong... *slaps himself*

[ March 12, 2003, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: Fifth_Horseman ]
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Nah, I'm downloading stuff from this one guy who's got over 300 gigs of music! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

*shrug* 3 people I know are going to buy the album when it comes out, and they're not even Opeth fans...
        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

I don't know what you're talking about, but Damnation is pretty well regarded as an Opeth masterpeice by more than a few Opeth fans. The majority think it's good. If you'd read any of the posts at UM, MOST of the Opeth fans really like it, and only a few don't think it's that good or hate it.

[ March 13, 2003, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: xenophobe ]
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

It is a great album. It isn't exacly like the last one, which is cool. It is pretty mellow but has some great melodies.It is by no means a heavy album, has a lot of textures and has great key changes. I like it. It is definitely not Blackwater Park though, if you are expecting that, then you will be disappointed. I guess it comes down to if you are a fan or not.

Comment

Working...
            X