Alexi (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alexi (again)

If you look under the racks it says in english.

Comment

whats up with the way he's got his springs placed. 2 on the high side straight across and the low string side at an angle.

does anyone know the purpose of this. what does it aid the the playbility verses the standard 1 straigh and 2 angles \|/ or the 5 across ?
      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I was wondering about that, too.
        I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

yeah it keeps the bridge stiffer... it really depends on what you want to do. I used to do something like that with my springs (i used a slightly different pattern), on string bends my other strings wouldn't intonate as much, my guitar wouldn't go out of tune at all, and the bridge felt a little sturdier.

Sorry, kind of an old thread, I felt the urge to look at Alexi's gear once again and I just noticed the question [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what kind of mics those are being used on the cabinets in the pics? I see lots of guys using those on guitar cabinets.

Comment

"Sorry, kind of an old thread, I felt the urge to look at Alexi's gear once again and I just noticed the question"

It was greatly appreciated [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
              I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

just noticed this thread and i know its a couple weeks old, but i thought I'd let you guys know what that writing in Japanese(?) says... heres a translation, I forget where i got this translation from, but here it is:

"alright where to start, alexi's guitar, custom shop, jackson humbucker, w/ active preamp (notice the switch), neck thru, his guitars trem setup w/ the springs was prob. influenced by roope. 2 parallels and one thats crossed/slanted. if youre thinking of doing it be weary it might change intonation etc. supposedly gives you better "feel" when using trem. neck is bound, has a spider web guitar strap, various stickers on it, wildchild, sometimes youll find a stone on there as well.

roopes white V has a stone sticker, very similar to alexis axe in that pic. his black one has a single coil/humbucker configuration (H-S), active switch as well, custom fret inlays. no gold pinstripe though, i think its bevelled too.

amplifiers:

alexi: supposedly used an ibanez and 5150 to record something wild, but now i believe hes running lee jacksons GP (metaltronix) 1000 preamp, engl power amp, 2 marshall jcm900 stacks, and some other various rack mount units.

roope: samething, GP1000 preamp into tube poweramp 840/50, has a hush unit there,intelliflex, vht 292, and quadraverb. just refer to that link i gave earlier for his equipment."

Comment

i posted that in the COB forums at UM a while ago.

id like to add that alexi or roope tried some EMGs at one point or another, and also fool around w/ various marshall, engl, vht amps. i believe alexis got one of those miniature marshall amps that u can hold in your hand.

Comment

Working...
                  X