KATAKLYSM from Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KATAKLYSM from Canada

We threw everything we had at the DSL Lev.. EQs, BBE, Pedals, other preamps... It was still floppy, and it's sound could be easily duplicated with cheaper amps... One of the better sounds we got with that amp was with the Korg Hyperdistortion.

And, The Rocktron stuff really does rock man. And is pretty cool with a tube power amp. The Uber can be a bit better, because it's got a nice live brutal sound for an amp head, but no where near as flexable as some good rack stuff.

Comment

yeah i'm still trying to get a mildly decent rhythm tone out of this amp (DSL100).. i like the leads.. but the rhythm is just too fuzzy, not enough chunk and tightness, and its kinda muddy. Maybe an EQ or a good mod will do the trick.. i dunno..

But it could be solid state... I haven't really tried any boutique amps lately, but my chameleon has the best crunch i've ever heard.. probably not as great as an uberschall etc., but I mean, for the price it can't be beat. It sounds awesome...

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal:
        Haha, it's prolly a 5150 or MESA something... no one uses good stuff in those circles man...

I don't care what it is, I must know... hehe
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">i happen to love my mesa rectifier thank you very much [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, I should have phrased that differently actually... I meant like expensive, high end or unique stuff...

I mean in these bands, EVERYONE use a 5150 or a MESA... Gets old. It would be interesting to hear someone was using a boutique or at least something off the beaten path...

Comment

the guy from stone sour is using a bogner actually.

Comment

we're talking about bands like Kataklysm lol..

Comment

Haha, I know, Bill already laughed at me for that... I just liked the sound they got riding the low E on that one tune and was curious, haha... I cause a massive thread, doh...

hehe...

Comment

Working...
                X