Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NO!!!!!!!!!! ARGH!!! Alexi Laiho switched to ESP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NO!!!!!!!!!! ARGH!!! Alexi Laiho switched to ESP!!

Originally posted by Dave:
    I think...No, I know Steve was talking about a exact copy. That is not a exact copy.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">An exact copy would mean copying the Jackson headstock, and we all know that wouldn't happen, so your reasoning is flawed. Besides, if he
    was talking about an exact copy, he should have said so, and he didn't.
    Revisionism from the bandmate, eh?
    Admirable if misguided.

[ January 26, 2003, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: lerxstcat ]
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
      I still maintain these three points:
      1 - Alexi can use a Soloist if he absolutely NEEDS, MUST HAVE, and CANNOT PLAY WITHOUT 24 frets, otherwise he should have gotten a USA Select Rhoads till his replacement Custom Shop came in. He's an adult, he can put his personal preferences towards a 24 fret Rhoads aside for a while. Any guitarist worth a damn can play the same way on any Jackson body style/neck profile, and I've got almost every Jackson neck profile/body style (except a Roswell and a Kelly) to prove it's possible. And yes I have a Jackson with a fatass neck, as well as thin, medium, and regular thickness.

2 - He could have gotten a neckthrough JacksonStars 24 fret Rhoads from Japan (I mean, surely he or his manager knows how to get something like this done besides asking a dealer to violate Jackson's international distribution contract??)

3 - Jackson can make a 24 fret USA Select Rhoads using Soloist necks. All they have to do is cut the tenon shorter, which they'd do with a V neck anyway.

I think he was looking for an easy way to get an ESP deal, and this was the best way he could think of. What kinda guitar hero can he be if he dumps a high-quality line like Jackson to go with ESP?

Newc
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">1. Alexi7 already made the point that the way Alexi Laiho plays a Soloist body horns would get in his way. As for a Kelly, who knows? Maybe he thinks they're gay. Besides, you post as much dissing Jackson as praising them, so why
      the militancy now? You said on the other post Fender may have bought Jackson to kill it, so if Jackson's up in the air and ESP's there, why not go for it?

2. Maybe, or maybe not. With Jackson's
      rigidity on policy matters, he might have
      had to fly to Japan to get it and bring it back. $-wise he's a low-level rockstar, so he may not have the $ to hop
      a plane to Japan. Jackson may have been no help, or even a hindrance, to this option. Another reason to hop off a possibly sinking ship.

3. Yes, Jackson CAN make a USA Select Rhoads with 24 frets, but they WON'T because a 24-fret USA Rhoads is a Custom
      Shop model by their own definition. Look
      at the thread on THAT topic (Disappointed) which you actively participated in. That reinorces my point
      that Jackson won't lift a finger to help an artist in this situation. Matt Crooks
      I'm sorry you got moved to the back of the line when your guitar got ripped. As
      an endorser you should get more consideration than that.

Alexi was very vocal and upset about the possibility of having to go with ESP, as
      fans he spoke with noted at shows he did soon afer he was robbed. Not a smart way
      to butter up ESP, saying they sucked but he might have no choice? As for what kind of guitar hero he is, he's 24 years
      old and can smoke anybody here, with an ESP, a Squire neckthrough OR a Jackson. I
      don't think he'll lose many fans in the long run by this switch. If Jackson dies
      in the next year or so, as many think it
      may, then he'll be vindicated for beating
      the rush of al those cut-loose endorsers.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

lerx yeah, the horns and the butt of the gutiar, because he wouldnt be able to get the kind of angle he gets on a rhoads (very slanted). I also agree with newc, if he absolutely needed a 24 fretted gutiar, he could have also gone for a kv-2, until a 24 fret rhoads was made.

If and when the deal is official with ESP, he'll still have to wait to get his rhoads copy either way, so i think he should have stayed with jackson, and waited for a custom to be built, i think he'd be able to afford one....

overall, like you said lerx, no matter what he plays, he's still Alexi, Boxcar made a very good post about this in part two of this whole fiasco...
        cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Alexi7:
          lerx yeah, the horns and the butt of the gutiar, because he wouldnt be able to get the kind of angle he gets on a rhoads (very slanted). I also agree with newc, if he absolutely needed a 24 fretted gutiar, he could have also gone for a kv-2, until a 24 fret rhoads was made.

If and when the deal is official with ESP, he'll still have to wait to get his rhoads copy either way, so i think he should have stayed with jackson, and waited for a custom to be built, i think he'd be able to afford one....

overall, like you said lerx, no matter what he plays, he's still Alexi, Boxcar made a very good post about this in part two of this whole fiasco...
          cheers
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, you guys are right, the KV would have worked. I think part of it is emotional on Alexi's part. We know his
          lyrics are full of anger and hate, and he
          probably felt betrayed that Jackson didn't do more to help him in his darkest
          hour. I'm not saying that's right or wrong, but it's my impression. Now ESP knowing what was up with the theft, I bet
          they started making that guitar for him as soon as they heard, knowing Jackson doesn't make exceptions for the situation. They may have even built it when they heard of the Fender buyout months ago; companies court noted players
          with prototypes all the time. I say this
          because Janne's post at COB says they ARE
          playing ESPs NOW. They must have had something ready to hand him.

It's a shame Alexi Laiho hates computers!
          It'd be nice to read him posting about this, but I'm sure he'll speak eventually. I understand people's disappointment, but I don't dislike anybody just for changing guitars, because most do sooner or later.

Lerx
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

but I don't dislike anybody just for changing guitars, because most do sooner or later
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yup.. that's good.. I switched from Jackson to ESP and I haven't lost any fans [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I got a mail from Henka, the bass player.

"We all moved to ESP.
              Reason: Jackson was bought buy Fender. All the nearest factories will be
              shut down. Alexi don't have a proper guitar now. He ordered oneseveral
              months ago, but since this Fender buy, they cancelled his order. Now it
              would take even more than year for him to get a Jackson.
              He will get his esp almost identical as his former randies! ESP basses are
              great!"
              I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

Originally posted by KE:
                I got a mail from Henka, the bass player.

"We all moved to ESP.
                Reason: Jackson was bought buy Fender. All the nearest factories will be
                shut down. Alexi don't have a proper guitar now. He ordered oneseveral
                months ago, but since this Fender buy, they cancelled his order. Now it
                would take even more than year for him to get a Jackson.
                He will get his esp almost identical as his former randies! ESP basses are
                great!"
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So Alexi HAD a guitar on order, and JACKSON cancelled his order? That sucks
                reaally badly, and I don't blame them for
                switching if Jackson did that!
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Hi all!

I just took part in an online chat with Janne Warman (keyboardist) and Henkka Blacksmith (bassist) from CoB at www.rockhard.de
                  and I asked them about the whole Jackson episode.

I asked why they switched, here's what Henkka answered:
                  "the Jackson thing now just became too difficult when this fender thing happened."

He also said that all of them are going to have custom ESPs and that they plan on staying with ESP; Henkka said as long as they like their ESPs they have no reason to change back again.

Just wanted to share that, nothing new really, but anyways. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                  http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

No, I don't like their music less when they play ESP, but I like Jackson less (the company, not the guitars(guess that means FMIC))because they screwed it up.
                    I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

do you like their music any less now that they play esp's?
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                      X