Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NO!!!!!!!!!! ARGH!!! Alexi Laiho switched to ESP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NO!!!!!!!!!! ARGH!!! Alexi Laiho switched to ESP!!

To Mr. Boxcar: wow, I've seen some pretty ridiculous views on players before, but to call Alexi 'overrated' on ANY forum is complete ignorance, IMO. And most likely the reason for your comments can be based on one paradigm that holds true: "popularity breeds contempt." Common sense would dictate that the more people that praise him would mean that a majority of people really like his work. Too bad you don't fit in. You can go listen to your Yanni albums now...

Comment

alexi has a bigger name than in flames ? are you ****ing dumb man ??? in flames toured with slayer and slipknot , probably the biggest band in europe right now and have been for a while like it or not . and show me on the cob site where in the recording pics alexi is playing esp ? and Nevermore is bigger than cob like it or not in europe !!! I love Cob too **** I was the guy who told every one here about the newest album buddy and where to find it , think next time before you open your ****ing mouth man !!! //Steve

Comment

http://www.cobhc.com/gallery/studio2002/studio12.jpg yep those must be esp's !!! lol //Steve

Comment

ESP build Alexi a Costum RHOADS model [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] after his specs.. so the only difference will be the head stock.. hmm.. I'd like to see some pics, I'm curious..

Comment

http://www.cobhc.com/gallery/studio2002/studio22.jpg look another esp !!! lol //Steve

Comment

and yet another esp during the recording of hate crew death roll [during the single recording] http://www.cobhc.com/gallery/bodsinkku/ale1796.jpg lol //Steve

Comment

can esp even do that [build a rr copy] ? if jackson built a gibson fb style guitar they'd be sued , I guess if it's custom they can't do much , but those production esp v's would dwarf little alexi ! lol !!! kind of dumb if you ask me cause they'll never be able to put it into production unless they totally alter the body on it and whats the point of having a endorser who no one else could ever buy the same guitar he plays for under 4000 us dollars and that is the point of endorsers right ? **** I'd rather have a rr3 then ever play a esp **** rr , I know this dude who had a kirk hammster esp guitar and my dr3 played better than his 3000 canadian esp guitar , either I am doing something really right or he got totally ripped ! lol //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve:
                  alexi has a bigger name than in flames ? are you ****ing dumb man ??? in flames toured with slayer and slipknot , probably the biggest band in europe right now and have been for a while like it or not . and show me on the cob site where in the recording pics alexi is playing esp ? and Nevermore is bigger than cob like it or not in europe !!! I love Cob too **** I was the guy who told every one here about the newest album buddy and where to find it , think next time before you open your ****ing mouth man !!! //Steve
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">As a lead guitarist, I'd say he has a bigger name, yes. He's getting a lot of press these days, and I don't know who's
                  big in Europe because I live in the USA.
                  I'd say Alexi is as well-known here as those other guys, and who cares about Europe anyway? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Just kidding about that last part, but lighten up, man! BTW, I said nothing about COB using ESP in studio; you must
                  be confusing me with another poster. I just think Alexi's fame as a viruoso is such that he'd probably get a good deal
                  from them, compaed to the other guys you
                  spoke of. Or maybe they didn't ask for a better deal, because they weren't already
                  endorsed by Jackson. It's a coup for ESP
                  to take a Jackson-endorsed artist and they would find it worth paying for that.
                  Hell, maybe ESP stole his Jacksons! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  Anyway, I think he'll play and sound just
                  greaton whatever they make for him. May not be as nice as a Jackson but he'll do
                  the job with it.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Wow, I had no idea that I was no longer allowed to have an opinion. I'll check with you guys before I want to form one again.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve:
                      can esp even do that [build a rr copy] ? //Steve
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Dude, SO MANY companies have made Rhoads
                      copies it's unreal, just as they've all made copies of Les Pauls, Strats and most
                      others that had any popularity! All they
                      have to do is change a few details and they can't be sued.

As for ESP selling an Alexi "Rhoads", they would very likely put out a LTD model for the low $ market, and an ESP model for folks with more $, but neither
                      would likely be as nice as Alexi's own
                      guitars. Do you remember others posting
                      here that Jackson briefly put out a pseudo Alexi/Roope model in Finland; it was a 24-fret Rhoads with sharkfins, but
                      bolt-on, not neck-thru. Don't know if they sold many, but if they did it so could ESP.
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Yes, very logical, compare Alexi to Inflames..last time i checked, inflames were a band. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] But for arguments sake, Alexi can rape in flames in guitar play anyday of the ****ing week, my grandma even knows that.....ohh yeah, no one said that Alexi used ESPs, rather, that he 'will' use ESPs.
                        [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh yea, well my uncle can kick your uncles ass. And my car can go faster than yours,and....:

Grow up you guys [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img] he's a decent player, but you aren't him so chill on all the agressive combative guitar talk. Everyone has there favorites and not-so favorites. If you like him good for you. Move on now nothing to see here.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexi7:
                            Yes, very logical, compare Alexi to Inflames..last time i checked, inflames were a band. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] But for arguments sake, Alexi can rape in flames in guitar play anyday of the ****ing week, my grandma even knows that.....ohh yeah, no one said that Alexi used ESPs, rather, that he 'will' use ESPs.
                            [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Alexi7, my point is that Alexi Laiho the
                            GUITARIST is higher-profile than whoever
                            plays guitar for In Flames and Nevermore.
                            I know about Sinergy and COB because of Alexi Laiho, but I've never heard of the
                            guys who play for In Flames and Nevermore
                            because they aren't causing the same stir
                            in guitar circles that Laiho is. THEREFORE, Laiho would be more profitable
                            for ESP than those guys, THEREFORE ESP is
                            more apt to make him a better deal. In the Ibanez world, you think 3 Doors Down
                            has the same endorsement deal as Steve Vai? They've probably sold more records
                            than Vai, but their influence on young guitarists is nothing compared to Vai's,
                            so he gets frebies and $ while 3DD probably has an at-cost deal. That's all
                            I meant to opine about, that Alexi is the
                            top of the heap in Euro-shred right now, so he'd get a sweeter deal. I'm not pro-ESP or anti-In Flames or Nevermore,
                            just expressing my opinion, which is what
                            this place is for.
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

hehe lerx, i completely agree with you, i was referring to steve, because he put that argument forth first (about the alexi Vs inflames thing)...
                              cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Alexi7:
                                hehe lerx, i completely agree with you, i was referring to steve, because he put that argument forth first (about the alexi Vs inflames thing)...
                                cheers
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's cool! And you're right, Creed is
                                selling millions of records right now, but we all laughed when PRS gave him a sig model! Nothing against him or his band, but I don't see him selling a boatload of PRS Tremonti guitars, so what
                                was the point for PRS? The US market isn't that good for shredders now, unfortunately. These things go in cycles
                                though, so I hope for a comeback of shred
                                here; meantime, I'm glad it's doing well in Europe and Asia (and Australia I take
                                it?).
                                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X