Chris Holmes' yellow star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chris Holmes\' yellow star

Blackmetalmilitia: no offense taken...just stating an opinion, as usual. I guess it's all what you like, but I'll take true heavy metal over nu-metal, black metal or any of that other stuff any day of the week.

There are so many great true metal bands these days: Iced Earth, Primal Fear, Vanize, Eidolon, Powergod, Symphony X, Messiah's Kiss...the list is endless. If only more real metal people got to hear them, they could be as big as any of the 80's bands that inspired them... too bad the 'media' can't quit sucking dink long enough to pull their heads out of their asses and give them a push. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

"A closed mind will get you nowhere fast"

Comment

Originally posted by Troy from VENTT:
        Seriously guys, and I'm talking about BOTH sides of this argument... Can't you voice your opinions WITHOUT such dramatic generalization? Yes, WASP is GREAT to some people, to others they're not.. But no sense in blistering the hides of those that DO like them. BUT the same goes for those who like Death Metal AND to those who like the Newer Metal that's out there today. To each his own, no sense dragging other peoples opinions through the mud all the time.

The negativity that it prevalent on this board lately boggles the mind.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">next time VENTT tours these parts, I'm a-gonna buy you a beer, sir [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I'm not really into WASP, death metal or gnu-metal, but I agree with everything Troy just said. Why's everyone always wailing on each other's musical tastes around here lately? Like what you like, and let others do the same. Why the compulsion to put your two cents into a conversation about a musical style you don't like?
        Hail yesterday

Comment

"Blind In Texas" baby...

I would (and do) listen to WASP before I will listen to any band that play guitars with 7 strings and play everything in low D.

I'm not saying all new music is bad, I just prefer 80's/early 90's metal. New music today just doesn't have the attitude and "charm" of old school metal.

80's California Metal had a sound all it's own. You can hear it in bands like WASP, Stryper, Armored Saint, Keel, old Motley Crue...the list could go on. Today's metal just doesn't have the soul of old school SoCal Metal.

Comment

Im with you Troy. Thats what I was trying to say.

James

Comment

i liked wasp then...and i like 'em now...was really pissed when they cancelled this last tour tho...they were supposed to be in atl the night before halloween...how cool would that have been???...plus my bass player is a huge wasp fan...that being said i think blackie totally screwed up by remixing the first 2 albums' tracks for first blood last cuts...totally neutered the songs...latest i've heard is that chris is playing with la guns...weird...death metal?...like anything else, some is good some is not...not to my taste tho...d.m.
              http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

"Why the compulsion to put your two cents into a conversation about a musical style you don't like?"

Because! [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] My Dinky can beat up your King V! [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                  X