vivs humbucker???????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: vivs humbucker???????????

Rick, the Invader has been around for a long time. I have two unlogoed versions just like that in my Kelly. Those appear to be Invaders in Viv's guitars, as the polepiece magnets are pretty big. The Full Shred's pole pieces are smaller. The new Jackson Warriors come with the Invader in the bridge and the Full Shred in the neck.

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/g...no=WR1_Warrior
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Joe,

It's possible that the pickups were changed in those guitars,but I know a guy who met Viv at a guitar clinic here, and he told him that all he used when he was in Dio was the Full shred,and after that he went to Anderson Pup's.
      Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

I would think the Full Shred was at the time he was using Nightswans. Those in the pictures are Invaders without a doubt. If I remember correctly the Invaders were introduced by Duncan before the Full Shred. I bought a Nightswan when they came out and that was arounnd whitesnake era. I thought the Full Shred was a faily new pickup around that time.

Comment

dug up the old article, unfortunately don't have a scanner and have to go to work....don't have time to type in whole interview (4-5 pages long!!!!...lol)....the orig. pickup in the last in line guitar was a duncan custom....the body IS an original charvel painted by the "friend of a friend"...it was his favorite guitar on the last in line tour and he also calls it a strat "with a different neck"....hope this helps...d.m.
          http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Originally posted by LRGman:
            I would think the Full Shred was at the time he was using Nightswans. Those in the pictures are Invaders without a doubt. If I remember correctly the Invaders were introduced by Duncan before the Full Shred. I bought a Nightswan when they came out and that was arounnd whitesnake era. I thought the Full Shred was a faily new pickup around that time.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's what I thought. Those two pups are also like night and day... the Invader has loads of bass and midrange, the Full Shred has a lot more treble.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Ok guys so my informer has no clue [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] , but why is it that I have never heard of the Invader until the last 2 years or less. I thought it was a new pup , isn't it the sh- 8 or something.

I really have no clue as I hate Duncans, I think the reason I thought they were new was because they started coming in import Kelley's Recently , right ? [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Comment

Here is a picture of the whole magazine page. The guitar stand leg still looks bent, even when the picture is flat. I think this rules out scanning distortion as the reason the Last in Line guitar body contour appears different than a standard San Dimas body contour.

Comment

yea it does look smaller
                  kinda like a Rounded Dinky

Comment

It mave have been you that sent me my pics. I saw the mag on E-bay and contacted the winner for a copy, and they hadn't even gotten the thing yet [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Are you still rockin on your Dio video? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I'm not sure if he was using the white skull one in the video I sent you, but I very rarely ever saw pictures of him with that. It's weirs that he actually used it at the concert I was at in Philly from the Special from the Spectrum.

I can't remember if you got that otr just the rock papace show.

Comment

Working...
                    X