Moore Gary more! Vid...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MBreinin
    The problem with alot of Gary's rock oriented solo stuff is that it sounds like it could be the soundtrack for a Rocky movie.

Mike
    LOL! That was great.

Comment

Originally posted by Ebbflow
      LOL! That was great.
      Yeah alot of 80's music and metal really dates itself with those cheezy Miami Vice Herbi Hancock , gay ass handclaps, and whatnots..break dancin , electric boogaloo fuck N' suck..:ROTF:

that's why you should NEVER use that shit..it will always date your ass..

A lot of bands do that ..even VH..the entire 5150 album...JP's Turbo..mink Ya..

that shit sound like The Top Gun soundtrack...hell I think it was..

Casio..
      Last edited by horns666; 07-28-2006, 05:25 AM.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

That is a killer track...my kinda of tune. I love his tone too.

Although Gary does the Blues thing very well...its not my bag. Corridors and Victoms albums are the shit. I used to play Shapes of things in my cover band and also incorporated parts of End of the World intro in my unaccompanied guitar solo...I also recently did Empty rooms as an instrumental and played the vocal melody on guitar...
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

I wouldn't have any problems jamming with any guitar hero but there are two guys on the earth who I'm scared of: Gary More and John Sykes.
          Both can play amazingly beautiful slow melodies and instantly can switch over to hot rodded blues and from there over to crazy shredding mode and all that with badass tone, vibrato and unbelieavable picking attack.
          They would rip my head off.

BTW. I think that Sykes would never work or fit with Ozzy, because there is no reason to play for a singer who has 10 times weaker voice (John is one of the best rock singers) than his. John always writes songs for higher range vocals, and he is fucking great at it.
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I hear ya E..But that would have boosted his career I think..just because it's "Ozzy"..

Gary was Ozzy's first choice..he left Sabbath with Gary in mind..he was prolly pissed when he said no..

would've been interesting..I guess the Gary/Ozzy song "Led Clones" would be a taste..but that song is pretty silly to me..I wished it were less tongue in cheek..
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I liked Led Clones... and even tho it was probably intended for Kingdom Come... I liked them too.

Comment

Check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUtZJ...h=gary%20moore

Gary with Albert King, it is AWSOME!!!

and I love the comments there:

"Gary has no soul"
                "Gary is a show-off"
                "Gary has no tone"
                "Gary makes noise"
                "Gary can't share the stage"
                etc.

I mean WTF, Gary is really holding back
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

See, I love Gary's Blues stuff...because that is how I play blues...well, how I try to play blues is more like it. When I first heard Gary do blues it really was like an epiphany for me, because here was a guy doing what I was doing at the time, playing supercharged blues licks through a Marshall with the distortion dimed and a TS-9 pushing it.

He fucking rules, that tone is sick.

Mike
                  Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

always been a huge Gary fan going back to his 'Lizzy" days
                    and the thought of Gary not owning and playing "Greeny" anymore
                    is just really sad

Comment

Working...
                    X