Chucks gear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chucks gear?

Anyone know what kind of effects Chuck used on Symbolic?? The echo effect on it is pretty cool!
    I love admins!

Morrisound professional gear

Comment

Originally posted by Mordor
      Morrisound professional gear
      You think it was all studio??
      I love admins!

Comment

+1 ... chuck is not known for using effects in his rig.

-a

Comment

cool info.
          cheers.

Comment

I believe he sometimes used his valvestate chorus effect...but usually he played dry....what a sad thing he is nomore alive. RIP Chuck!

Comment

Originally posted by sl2lover
              Anyone know what kind of effects Chuck used on Symbolic?? The echo effect on it is pretty cool!
              I posted an interview from Symbolic here: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54619
              The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Originally posted by HoWheels
                +1 ... chuck is not known for using effects in his rig.
                He's well known for using a DS-1.

Comment

AFAIK the ONLY effects he used to use (and for soloing only) were phase, delay and harmonizer (live rig)...in the studio he always doubled, so he'd play his own solos in harmony.

Comment

Interesting stuff guys thanks! I meant to ask him when I met him in 99, but I was to drunk and in shock to remember! At least I can say I bought him a drink!! HAIL CHUCK! RIP..............................................
                    I love admins!

Comment

Originally posted by Mordor
                      I believe he sometimes used his valvestate chorus effect...but usually he played dry....what a sad thing he is nomore alive. RIP Chuck!
                      From Pit Magazine, June '99 interview...

Well, I really have a simple set up. I've been playing the B.C.Rich Stealth for years now. I have three of them, one is a custom black one that is my main stage guitar, one is an emerald green that is really beautiful, and an old one that I recently stripped down. They all have a fixed bridge and one Dimarzio X2N pickup which is a key to my sound. My amp is a Marshall Valvestate head and cabinet, that's about it. I don't use effects except for a little chorus on my leads, I really like a basic setup.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctuary
                        From Pit Magazine, June '99 interview...
                        If you were a magician, would you be so quick to share any of your tricks?

Comment

I can dig up more sources if you like...

Comment

I'm pretty sure he hasn't used effects since INDIVIDUAL THOUGHT PATTERNS...

Listen to the solo for The Philosopher...he's got a phaser and a harmonizer (set to a 5th) in the first phrase of the solo.

Back when I saw them on the Spiritual Healing tour...he was using GK 280s on the Marshall valvestate cabs...and he did have a pedal board in front of him.

But again....a magician will give dozens of interviews, but he's still not going to give up any tricks.

Anyone else who has seen them live (and I mean UP FRONT) can verify?

Comment

I read an article somewhere that Gene Hoglan said he was excited with an echo effect Chuck was using on Symbolic. Can't remember where! But he didn't specify either!
                              I love admins!

Comment

Working...
                              X