Robbin Crosby....RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robbin Crosby....RIP

BTM last night. I watched Ratt and then Pantara.
    I only want to talk about Ratt.

I am not a very emotional person. I get sad but rarely to the point of tears. I did last night.
    I just want to say a few things regarding the show:
    1. Ratt was a great band. Really great.
    2. I felt really bad for Robbin. It took great courage to do those interviews. He truly was the KING of that band. After watching that show it surely seems like he got a raw deal towards the end. Considering that he was an original founding member the band certainly didn't try to help him out when he needed it the most.
    3. Damn.. that show made me sad.
    All I can say is LONG LIVE ROBBIN "The King" CROSBY.

I never followed the Robbin story closely when it was happening. Now I know why Big Red was so important to many of you JCF'rs.
    You have my utmost admiration for doing that for Robbin and his true fans.
    John G

I watched the end of the Pantera BTM and the begining of the Ratt BTM.. Alls I can say is, not a good idea to watch right before you go to sleep..
    Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
    The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

It was one of the better behind the musics.

You know what though...those shows always, at least for me, remove the magic of the music. They show the fighting..the egos...the problems with record companies and producers, engineers, etc. All of a sudden I think, "well...Ratt rushed all of their records..and the producer wanted to bring in a hired gun to cut Warren's solos (which was UNREAL)...and they shunned Robbin and left him begging and destitute....."

It is fascinating...but at the same time a real let down.

I felt really badly for Robbin..but like he said, he lived the life of 10 men.

RIP Robbin.

Mike
      Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

That's kind of the point though (it is *behind* the music, after all). I don't really have any use for those shows anyway - I'll just listen to the records.

Comment

I'm glad that they finally aired the show on Ratt.... I look at Robbin as one of my biggest guitar inflences.... I dug his slow-hand, bends and the melodies he put into the rhythm trax.

He is missed!

As I've allways said: "All Hail the 'King'!!!!!

A~
          All hail the 'King'
          R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

Saw it too and felt bad for RC. We got dumped on by the rest ofthe band members and it sure took a lot of courage for him to give that interview.

That being said, as much as we heard on a one hour show we just don't know what really happened internally. HE alone decided to get into all that shit, if I can tell from experience other band members probably told him to stay away from it and he did not.
            We all go through tough times in life and the fact that he was not looked at as a premier guitar god is a pretty lame excuse for becoming an all out drug addict. At the end of the road, a true leader leads and if he did not have it in him, why should the members of the band or the media give it to him?

He was weak and that killed him. A really sad story.
            I have experienced in life SEVERAL times where people ask and argue for me or close to me to give them stuff, whatever. Because somehow they feel entitled, well that is a matter of opinion.
            I believe there is passage in the Bible that says something to the effect: "Help yourself and I will help you".

I resent the fact that RC and others mentioned in the interview that nobody came to help in at the end.... did he spit back in their face at some point and they did not feel like helping? did they feel "he had it coming, I told him"?
            We just don't know.
            But you know? we come alone and naked into this world and that is the way we go as well. We should not be counting on anyone else to do anyhting for us we want and cherish so much.

I wish he was still here and miss seeing him, but this is life. All the good with the bad.
            Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

I agree, Joe. I was more saddened with the Pantera episode than Ratt's.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

More info here:

http://robbincrosby.net/

This is JCFer Hellraiser's tribute. Check this out:

http://www.robbincrosby.net/words/page1.htm
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

RIP Robbin Crosby
                  Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                  Amp... Pioneer
                  Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Watched them both and they both made me sad. Well said JG. Ratt was a band I really dug back in the day and still like them. Whenever I put a cd on I think about RC.

Comment

Same for Pantera too. I really only got into them when VDOP came out. I saw them on that tour and they kicked ass. Whenever I hear any Pantera or any of the projects that Dime or Phil did it makes me sad now. Cant relate to death so well I guess when it happens the way that Dime died.

Comment

I saw them both last night as well. Both very tragic and sad obviously in different ways. I was never a Pantara fan but I was a big fan of RATT. RC's story made me sad but also angry that a person with so much going for them could fuck it up so badly. I know it's easy for me to say because my worst addiction is to Coke ( the kind you drink ) so I really can't relate.

You see this time and time again with rock stars. It's either drugs or a an Eddie vs. Dave type scenario. I guess that's what make us humans but it's just such a sad waste talent and life.
                        "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                        I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

They were both sad for me too, but the one thing I took away from it was that lead singers are dicks. Stephen is too big for his own head and Phil is just a dick (IMO).

I ordered my white 88 King V in 87 because Robbin was such an influence on me. I loved his big white Double Rhoads. I loved that he wasn't a shredder like Warren. I loved that he was huge! At 17, I wanted to be Robbin Crosby. He was just a cool dude who liked to party and it ended up getting the best of him. a truely sad story any way you look at it.

As far as Dime goes, I can't eve come up with anything to say about what happened to him. It's just so unfair and unjust. Poor Vin. He'll have to live with that vision in his head for the rest of his life. I can't even imagine living with that. That footage of the shooting was really disturbing. It was hard for me to watch.

R.I.P RC
                          R.I.P DA
                          "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Flame me if you need to, but what happened to Robbin wasn't a tragedy, nor was it sad. Here's a guy who had it all and then ruined it all by abusing drugs. I think it's dangerous to feel bad for someone because of the stupid choices they make. He's the one who did the drugs. He's the one who screwed his life up. I think he should be a poster child for what drugs do to you, along with hundreds of other musicians. I have so much more respect for Warren. Of course, I'm sure he did drugs, too, but over the long haul, he made better decisions. Robbin was a great guitarist and probably a great guy, but we shouldn't feel bad for him. He did what he did and he chose what he chose.
                            My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Duh!

Thanks Captain Obvious for clearing all that up for us...

That is is like saying "Gee that guy SHOULDN'T have shot Dime."

Have a little class.
                              Last edited by Hellraiser6502; 05-14-2006, 04:35 PM. Reason: Stupid Dumbfuck
                              Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Working...
                              X