For the Priest Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the Priest Fans

Next Friday night at 9PM EST on VH1 classic they are doing the live from the east concert (latest concert from Japan)

Re: For the Priest Fans

Great DVD. Too bad there's no extras though. Awesome setlist.

This spring they are releasing the Screaming For Vengeance tour show from Memphis on DVD, so if anyone bought the Metalogy boxset just for that, they should have waited.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Ahh, cool! I'll pass that info on over at the Hamer forum, thanks!

Comment

+1 on the new DVD. Halford struggles on some tunes, but overall it is quite good. That VH1 concert is definitely worth watching. Diamonds and Rust is awesome!

Comment

The DVD is pretty cool. Shame that Halford can't hit the notes on Painkiller. That song is my all time favourite
          93 USA Soloist EDS
          USA HT6 Juggernaut
          Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Recording since the start. I saw them back in the fall in Atlantic City. It's nice to have a free copy! ((((RECORD))))

Comment

I am also making a DVD recording too. Saw them here in VA and they rocked hard.

Comment

Awesome show. They have a new fan here!

Comment

I'm not the greatest Priest fan in the world, but I think they have one of the greatest all-time tones-ON THEIR OLD STUFF I've ever heard. Classic Gibson and Marshall combination, like Hot Rockin', Living After Midnight, Heading out to the Highway. When I think of the best example of an overdriven Marshall, these are the songs I think of.

I could see they were using EMG's in the show, even though I could tell with my eyes blindfolded if I was just listening. I know, newer technology, keeping up with the new kids, but I like those classic old tones, less gain, more soul maybe?

Comment

Me personally, I like the guitar tone on 'Painkiller' much better than the 'British Steel' tone. Probably because I'm one of the "new kids" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X