In Flames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: In Flames

seen in Flames two or three times on festivals (not really sure on that somehow... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) and I always had a blast!!
    the best gig I've seen of them was on "Rock am Ring" fest in 2004. this fest is kind of commercial and somehow they put my favourite band of this year on the smallest stage they had, but the atmosfear was plain awesome. great audience there.

I always liked their sound, and I think the backing tracks were just fine. on Wacken they played their keyboard-style intro of clouds connected for about 5 minutes before they entered the stage, had a great effect on me!!

the sound on their live album tokyo showdown sucked though IMO for some reason... one of the guitars is way too much in the background and it misses the punch and clarity IMO.

but in concert I can only recommend them.
    and funny guys they are. on rock am ring they treated the audience with "how does it feel like to shit where everyone else shits? that's the best on festivals, isn't it?" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    and I think it's funny that anders was wearing his own band shirt with "probably the best band in the world" written under the logo... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    unique humour they have.
    after they left the meet'n greet stand on wacken there was "soilwork sucks" written on the tables they were sitting at... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

The top of their game, in my opinion, was their USA tour with Nevermore and Shadows Fall. They were awesome for that whole performance. Each member was headbanging nonstop and they full of energy for the duration of the performance. They pulled off a great set loaded with material from Jester Race, Whoracle, Colony, and Clayman. Everything about their set was perfect. Vocals sounded absolutely awesome, and the whole band was on.

The next time I saw them, pretty much everyone other than Anders looked like they didn't want to be there and wanted to get through their set so they could get out of there. Oddly enough, all the bored members played quite well (Bjorn and Jesper spent about 3 songs just talking to each other while playing), but Anders put forth probably the worst vocal performance I've ever heard live. He'd stopped doing his growly type vocals and pretty much shouted vocal lines, then spoke a line, then did his whiney vocals for another line and then repeated the previous three again. He was making gangsta-type movements with his hands and pogo'ing around the stage during the parts where the rest of the band was headbanging. I stayed up front for about half of their set but when they played Only For The Weak and he was yelling out "EVERYBODY JUMP!" I had enough and went to the back to stand with arms crossed in front of me. Haha.

I guess it wasn't that bad of a performance, but Jag Panzer came out and every member of the band was glued to the front of the stage, headbanging nonstop, and their vocalist, Harry Conklin, was running around pulling off some fucking excellent vocals, headbanging, and just being a superior frontman. They all seemed happy as hell to be there playing and put forth an great performance. In Flames's performance simply paled in comparison, it seemed lazy.

As a side note, I saw In Flames when they were touring with Killswitch Engage and a bunch of metalcore bands. They were much, much better, but still nowhere near the performance they delivered way back on the Clayman tour. Bjorn was very nice though and he talked to my two friends and I for about 15 minutes after the show.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Hey Orchid, what the fuck was the point of that post? Why bother posting something clearly aimed to offend me if you say you don't mean any offense?

[/ QUOTE ]
        I love you too sweetie....

Comment

Right behind Megadeth, In Flames is my favorite band.

The new album "Come Clarity" due out in the US Feb &th, and in Europe tommorow.

I have the album.

It is a good one. Better than the last one, "Soundtrack to your escape". Come Clarity is a better return to thier guitar-rooted metal style. I thought while a good record, Soundtrack to your escape was over-produced. Too mcuh studio tooling, and not enough riffing!

Check out Anders side band "Passenger".

Comment

just got the new album two days ago,
            and I like it pretty much so far!! though the style has changed once again...
            anders is singin much more specially in the refrains, and it's sounds a little rougher again, with more soloing and some really nice riffs!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I got the limited edition which comes together with a DVD of the band performing their new album live.
            it's very low-cost, no menu, no nothing, but they made the best out of it IMO.
            the picture is in grey only and they built some stuff into the picture that makes it look older. no clue how to call it...
            it's recorded in their rehearsal-room I think, but the performace is very tight and it's fun to watch!! a nice gimmick for sure! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
            tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Comes out on the 7th here, so I'll actually buy their CD for once haha. It was pretty awesome watching those new songs live though.

Comment

i love in flames. their old stuff moreso than the new albums, though [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

but there's one thing i just don't get...they use emg81 loaded guitars into peavey 5150 heads, straight into the high gain input, and they turn their gain as high as 6,5-7 (2:00). i wonder how they get away with this much gain in a live setting?!

Comment

The pre-gain you're asking? I guess EMG's are less prone to feedback and mush (depends). When I saw them, they got like the tone spot on perfect, but just with more treble dialed in. It didn't sound like mush either. I put the pregain on about 6 into the high gain input w/ an emg loaded guitar, and it's not that bad. Certainly I get more feedback and hissing, but it's not as bad as the sound you get with the highs on 10 and the presence on 10 also, urgh.

Comment

yeah, sure, you can always make things worse by cranking bass treble and presence [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    but then again, EMGs are also fairly high output pickups - with my emg'd jackson i don't turn the gain any higher than 4, EVER. so 7 seems kinda high for me....

Comment

Working...
                    X