Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebel Meets Rebel

http://www.rebelmeetsrebel.com/main.html

If you don't know your Pantera history... dime and vinnie worked with a guy named David Alan Coe, and it was done YEARS ago, and today they put out the samples on the site.

I like it. Just thought I'd share.

Re: Rebel Meets Rebel

Very cool. DAC is a country rebel legend and it's cool to see a collaboration like this. If you watch the interview on that site with Dime and Vinnie talking about it, it makes perfect sense for those guys to have gotten together. DAC playing a Dime rebel is pretty sweet!

Comment

"Take This Job and Shove It!" -DAC [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That was actually Johnny Paycheck.

David Allan Coe is a true rebel though. Met him a couple times.....drove him to my favorite bar once. Bought him a few drinks and gave him a few smokes. Dude either doesn't have any money or he just likes to "borrow" an awful lot.

He comes to my hometown about every year. He plays at this bar a friend of mine owns call the Back Stage. As soon as he is done, they start with the hip-hop shit again. We were talking one time and they started with the shit music ( and the place is full of red necks ). He said "where can a guy go and be left alone?". I said " Why my favorite bar of course." We jumped in my car and went to my watering hole. Got ripped. His manager/tour guy/whatever found us. Took him back and never seen him after that.-Lou
        " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

And here is a pic from that concert. The bar used to be a movie theatre. You will notice the drapes in the background that are leftover from is and what used to be our country music station 92.3 WCOL. http://www.officialdavidallancoe.com/photos044.htm Look at the bottom of the page for the Budweiser banner.-Lou
          " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Take This Job and Shove It" was penned by Coe, but is best known as a huge hit for Johnny Paycheck.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Allen_Coe

Ordinarily, I'd feel self-conscious about coming across like a know it all, but after you shamed me in that airplane thread, suck on this! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] -Lou

Comment

my favorite DAC song is 'pussywhipped again' followed by 'cum stains on the pillow'..got one cd that was made by a friend with all his uh... say ~classics~ [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

onto the music [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] it actually is really cool - less hillbilly than i expected when i heard about this a couple of months ago - i was expecting like a pure country album, but nonetheless awesome - i look forward to its release

Comment

I had never heard of this project before. From the samples, sounds like its gonna be a killer hard/southern rock album [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh yah, I'm patiently waiting for this one, sounds like it's gonna kick ass

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

David Allan Coe is a true rebel though. Met him a couple times.....drove him to my favorite bar once. Bought him a few drinks and gave him a few smokes. Dude either doesn't have any money or he just likes to "borrow" an awful lot.

He comes to my hometown about every year. He plays at this bar a friend of mine owns call the Back Stage. As soon as he is done, they start with the hip-hop shit again. We were talking one time and they started with the shit music ( and the place is full of red necks ). He said "where can a guy go and be left alone?". I said " Why my favorite bar of course." We jumped in my car and went to my watering hole. Got ripped. His manager/tour guy/whatever found us. Took him back and never seen him after that.-Lou

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, he is down here in Cincy quite a bit too. His current wife is from here and his step-son lives a couple miles from my store. He definitely isn't broke ! Over the summer they brought their Cadillac Escalade EXT up to my shop for some tires & alignment - paid me out of a HUGE stack of cash [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] . It's his tour vehicle and it's set up so his wife can drive while he sleeps.
                        Nice people, wish I would have known more about the Rebel meets Rebel when they were here so I could have asked for some info.

Comment

that's awesome. i can't wait for it to come out.

Comment

I really like the clips. Sounds very good, I will definatly buy this one. I cannot stand the singing for most Pantera songs, and this sounds amazing. I HATE country, but this combination works out surprisingly well.

Comment

Working...
                            X