Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How 'bout some Kotzen/Sheehan?

http://www.youtube.com/w/ViD?v=kQtLP...&search=kotzen

Holy crap! Awesome playing by Kotzen and some unbelieveable bass playing by Sheehan...

Re: How \'bout some Kotzen/Sheehan?

http://www.youtube.com/w/Richie-Kotzen-G...E&search=kotzen
    I like that one

Richie is IMO on of the coolest guitar players ever but you gotta keep your girlfriend or wife away from him [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

It's a shame that egos tore apart Mr. Big. It was the closest thing to a mainstream outlet that shredders like Kotzen and Gilbert had. And they were a kick-ass band!
      Occupy JCF

Comment

Kotzen is a fantastic player, but did you know he is also a fabulous dancer? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Behold the gayness extraordinaire...

http://www.youtube.com/w/Richie-Kotz...&search=kotzen
        Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Kotzen........ [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
          His early solo stuff and his stuff with Greg Howe is
          out of this world.
          If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Oh, god!!!! I coudn't even watch that! Bwaaa ha ha ha!
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Kotzen is a fantastic player, but did you know he is also a fabulous dancer? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Behold the gayness extraordinaire...

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, I feel sick after only about 10 seconds. He looks like some freaky transvestite with the lipstick and dancing. I'm going to surf over to playboy.com to help erase that video from my brain. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I didn't watch the dancing, but the playing was amazing. Thanks for posting that. It's probably been asked a million times before, but is there a way to download these clips, then view them from our computer (I use a Mac, BTW)? I have broadband, and it was still freezing up every few seconds, which was very frustrating.

Comment

Shredding on a tele! Kotzen-style!

Love his playing, always had a great melody and 'flow' to it.
                  You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Yeah, Ritchie was great for sure, but how about Sheehan? playing the solo to Highway Star on the bass? Damn!

I think there is a DVD of this show floating around. Might be worth picking up.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I saw an RHS video of Richie's. He is an amazing player and VERY well rounded in every style. He reminds me a little of Gilbert, Blackmore and Beach. He also plays very precise which is something that players like Satriani and Gilbert do. He knows EXACTLY what he is doing.

Comment

There are 3 somewhat similar very bluesy Van Halen school shredders who have a lot of fusion-jazz in their playing.

Richie Kotzen
                          Greg Howe
                          Blues Saraceno

and they all are super versatile and very groovy players
                          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I have an old GFTPM article on Greg Howe and he mentions that before signing with Shrapnel, he played exactly like Van Halen... had it down to a T.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Behold the gayness extraordinaire...

[/ QUOTE ]Damn! You made me soil myself from laughing so hard man!!
                              "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Working...
                              X