• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about some acoustic shredding?

Coryell, Dimeola, Lagrene: [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...169944&q=Meola

Re: How about some acoustic shredding?

That was cool but it brought back bad memories of Ovation guitars. I forgot that Al D played one. They must pay him a ton of money to endorse those things. IMO they are the weakest sounding, no tone acoustics on the market. I owned one for a couple years and couldn't stand it. I bought it because I thought it was cool. I only have Taylor & Martin now.
    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

I'd like to get me an acoustic one of these days. I played a low end Martin that was fairly inexpensive ($600) recently and was very impressed. That thing played like an electric! The tone was very weak unamplified though. I would imagine you'd have to spend $1.5K + to get a decent one.

Comment

I wish I wasn't stuck with f-ing dial up so I could see it. One of my favorite albums ever is Friday Night in San Francisco with Dimeola, McLaughlin, and Paco. I got to see em on their second tour and as a bonus Steve Morse opened and played about half their set with em.
        http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

Whats the name of that song theyre playing at 17 minutes? Thanks.

Comment

Amazing stuff, makes me want to go out and buy a nice 6-string acoustic.

Comment

the only thing Al D can't do with a guitar is pick his nose...But I am sure that if issued the challenge,he would return in 12 minutes and have 8 different ways to do it...
              Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

What about Michael Hedges??

Comment

That was very cool. It's been asked more times than I can remember, but how do you save these google videos to your computer again? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    IMO they are the weakest sounding, no tone acoustics on the market.

[/ QUOTE ]
                    What do you expect from from a plastic round back! I can't get over how many people play them!!
                    I love admins!

Comment

Amazing...I remember the first time I heard Mediterranain Sundance...I LOVED it, and I listen to metal! For me, Di Meola and Becker are the only guitarists who really amaze me...whenever I listen I hear something for the first time from either of them, it seems life changing. As much as I love bands like MegaDeth and Iron Maiden, I just cant say that about thier songs. Maybe I am just easily amazed?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Maybe I am just easily amazed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check out Paco De Lucia, Enre Dos Aguas album!!
                        I love admins!

Comment

Here's another amazing acoustic guitar shred video - [click me] . Anyone know who this guy is?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Here's another amazing acoustic guitar shred video - [click me] . Anyone know who this guy is?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is Tommy Emmanuel....IMO the best (and funniest) acoustic player on the planet!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tommy Emmanuel from Australia. He's awesome.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Working...
                              X