Fields of rock holland short review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fields of rock holland short review

Was at band practice when i got a call from a bro that got two free tickets for me for fields of rock a dutch rock/metal festival, of course i didn't say no and so me and the other guitarist in my band went to sunny nijmegen, we arrived with the bus as motorhead was finishing with ace of spades, a nice welcome :-) .

We scored some beer coins and a splash of sunburn cream and while slayer was starting to play we were on our way for the other stage where legendary dutch death metal band gorefest played, from the beginning till the end it was like coming home (Gorefest has not played live for at least 8 years). I guess it may seem strange for some of you to skip watching slayer for this but it was SOOO good for me it makes sense haha, check there album 'false' if you wanna know what i mean.

Then we were off to the tent stage to watch chimaira and walking there we saw velvet revolver on the main stage who were kind of allright(to much wind to get a impressive sound i guess, though slash and the others didn't seem to be up to there level.

Chimaira kicked ass though and is live much more metal and in fact a lot different then on cd, very good, after chimaira and a lot of jack/cokes it was time for machine head who seemed so pleased to play and did a cool tribute to dimebag, played a metallica song(don't remember wich GoR haha) and focused on old material, very cool.

Then after a 'OK' show of audioslave (very lame acoustic version of black hole sun) it was Black sabbath's turn

Let me explain, i am 29 and black sabbath has never been my cup off tea, but i respect ozzy and all. I was expecting nothing, but after they played 10 minutes i was turned on to them, ozzy was active, smiling from ear to ear, singing spot on, tommi iommi was getting in to it and i gotta say, they f*cking ROCKED. absolutely awesome !

headlining the festival was rammstein, but apart from the cool fireworks it was not enough to make us stay and we went home after a cool day in the park [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Fields of rock holland short review

cool (:

I posted my little review in the werchter topic.. here it is:

-Motorhead: didn't really care for it, but it was fun to see them live
    -SLAYER: awesome.. tight playing, great sound, you could hear every solo.. cool setlist.. awesome
    -Velvet revolver: bo-ring
    -Audioslave: not my cup of tea
    -Black Sabbath: nice to hear those classic songs.. iron man, paranoid etc.. I saw ozzy with Zakk Wylde in 2002 and I prefered that show.. more energy, better solos
    -Rammstein: lot's of fire effect, fireworks etc.. the songs all sounded the same for some reason.. and they ended 15 minutes before the official ending time.. they didn't play an encore or something. that was weird. Later I heared it was because some trouble with the drummer and fireworks... don't know what happened exactly..

anyway it was a fun day.. I got FREE tickets btw, otherwise I wouldn't have gone since a ticket is 70 EURO a piece..
    "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Yeah getting free tickets also did the job for me, IMO 70 euro is WAY to much for one day, i'd rather have less 'big name bands' and more underground ones and pay like 40 euros.

But on the other side they charched 70 and practicly sold out so you really can't blame them, if more people just would not buy tickets at that price they would have to go down with the prices but now, next year i predict it will be 80 euros [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I agree on both things.

I kinda hoped sales were low due to the high price.. but like you said it practically sold out (50000 people)..
        let's hope for free tickets again next time haha
        "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Working...
        X