Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush

Saw Frank & Mahogany Rush at BB King's in Manhattan Sunday night. After about 1/2 hour-45 minutes of tech problems, he came on. He looked good and sounded good. I thought they were gonna wheel him out on stage, but still has his long hair and rocks just as hard as he did in the early 70's. The rest of Mahogany Rush looked about as old as my son [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img].

I think Frank played 5-6 songs. Each song he sang for about 3 minutes, then jammed for 20. Good show.
    Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Re: Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush

Frank is amazing and it is great to hear that he's back on the road. He can improv like a mother and never seems to run out ideas. I love how he attacks the strings and plays so hard. Frank is a legend in my book. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
    Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Yeah there is a big thread in this forum on him.
      PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Yeah,I love Frank.Find the thread,Don.It's a good one......
        Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

FRank Marino is one of the best players on the planet in my book!

he and Eddie were the very ones who kicked me in the ass to be a wannabe shredder!

Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush LIVE ...the black 1978 album is a MUST have to any lovers of shred..Hell you can still get it from Best buy...for like 10 bucks...GO GET IT!
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Yeah,I love Frank.Find the thread,Don.It's a good one......

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember seeing the thread and was a part of it. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
            Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...e=14&fpart=all

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]!!

Comment

didn't I start that thread...no , I think that was the Uli thread...I can't rememeber because I'm constantly high!

but I was highly involved though...

I very much recommend the following Frank Marino studio cd/s...they were long out of print until some small label re-issued them..but they are all his early 80's material..very very firey stuff!

Who's next / Juggernaught , and The Power of Rock N Roll...those are MUST haves man!!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]!! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]!!

Comment

his sacred SG....man he still looks good man...that's cool!

more than I can say for EVH...Ed is looking more like Don Knotts everyday!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush LIVE ...the black 1978 album is a MUST have to any lovers of shred..Hell you can still get it from Best buy...for like 10 bucks...GO GET IT!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                      PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

I started that other thread. Frank Marino is one of the reasons I started Playing guitar in the first place.
                        One of the original shredders, catching him live was an experience I will never forget! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                        If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Working...
                        X