COC fans - Woody SG/ESP question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COC fans - Woody SG/ESP question

Just picked up COC's Volume Live dvd yesterday. Did ESP make a relic replica of Woody Weatherman's old beaten up white Gibson SG or does it just have an ESP neck now?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Re: COC fans - Woody SG/ESP question

He's listed on the ESP endorsement list.

Comment

I know that. He and Pepper have been with them for awhile. Just wondering if anyone heard anything about the old Gibson SG... it seems like the body with just an ESP neck now (it's definitely got the ESP-shaped headstock and logo), but I wouldn't think it would be very feasible to take out a set neck and replace it, unless it was broken.

Comment

I don't know anything about that, but COC friggin rocks! They were supposed to open for Motorhead, last month, but it didn't end up happening. What a jip.
        Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Bummer. I was supposed to see them open for Metallica on either the Load or Reload tour (can't remember which one), but my ex-wife made me late and we got there exactly as they ended. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
          They do rock and I'd really love the see them eventually. I need to pick up their new album real soon, too.

Comment

I got to see them open for Motorhead in NYC a few months ago. They ruled the show.
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I've seen them a couple of times, but I've never seen a white SG. Both times Woody was playing a brown one.

I guess that's the one you mean.
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Yeah, that's the one, with the Duncan Invader in the bridge. I've seen pics of it a long time ago, and it was quite beat up then. The one in the live DVD is this white one with ESP neck, but I've not been able to determine if they just made a replica Viper or if it's still the original Gibson SG body. Inquiring minds want to know! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

i'm with you though toe, why they'd just replace a neck... i wanna say ESP would more likely just build him a relic-ed copy...

Comment

I think it's a copy. Putting a new neck on a set-neck guitar is a pain in the ass, and the pickguard and toggle switch are different than that of a Gibson if I remember correctly. I love Woody and COC though.

Comment

Woody is right up there with Dime and Zakk for me. He can put more feeling into one note than most guys can with 100.
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Hell yeah! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                        I think it's just an ESP copy with the body thinner like an SG than most of the Vipers. I read that on some other board earlier that Woody and Pepper did have some regular thicker Vipers and some customs with thinner bodies. I'd imagine the real SG is retired and kept somewhere safe from more abuse.

Comment

wow Vipers have thicker bodies than Sgs? man, didn't know that...

Comment

Yep, apparently. I just found this pic on the Duncan forum, too. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

man, that looks really freaking cool, all beat...thats sweet.

Comment

Working...
                              X