Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mick Mars (pics needed)

Guys,
    I'm trying to find some pics of Mick Mars's maple board white strat (h/s/h, floyd, tortoiseshell scratchplate) I think it's a modded Fender but it could be Charvel....
    Any pics or links would be appreciated
    Cheers
    Ian
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Re: Mick Mars (pics needed)

This is the one I'm on about, but I'd like to get some bigger pics if I can....

Comment

That's a Fender Custom Shop made Strat.
      He has a Black one as a spare too.
      he has been using that since late 90's.

Comment

Supposedly, Mick has a quite impressive Charvel collection but doesn't tour with them. I think he used a San Dimas strat head when they did Shout at the Devil on the American Music Awards a few years ago.

Comment

Ian here is a pic of Mic with the Charvel..not the best pic but I think this is the Charvel you are talking about...
          www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
          My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

That's a wicked looking guitar - nicely 'used' looking!

I was actually after pics of his Fender though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (tortoiseshell pickguard, h/s/h, floyd)

Comment

I think this is the one you mean

http://www.dailyhome.com/entertainme...motleycrue.jpg

Comment

Yep - that's the one, but I need a bigger pic if I can get one....also, I could do a pic of Dave Murray's 2-tone burst, floyd, 3 x hotrails custom strat if anyone has one!

Comment

Try this pic http://www.geocities.com/motleyone/015706.jpg
                  Mike
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Man, Mick is the personification of evil......

Mike
                    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Ian here is a pic of Mic with the Charvel..not the best pic but I think this is the Charvel you are talking about...

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the guitar from their American Music Awards performance. The finish is actually burnt. There was some guy around LA that was doing these burnt guitars at one time.

Comment

I was just in New York MSG not long ago and was backstage playing those guitars. Mick had all of the strats that he was touring with and he did have one Charvel that was in the bottom of his road case but it was never brought out. Next time I go this summer, I will make sure to take it out and look at it.

Comment

Not too many people cite Mick Mars as a major influence. When Too Fast For Love came out I was intrigued by the record sleeve (I think) with Mick and that weird star shape guitar. After listening to him I was hooked. When Shout at the Devil came out I was probably the most loyal number 1 fan of Mick's and YES, he is at number 1 on my list of influences.

I have always tried to follow his guitar usage. At first it seemed like he would play anything. Gibson, BC Rich, Guild, etc. It wasn't until Theater of Pain when he got Kramerized.

I wouldn't mind seeing some pics of the following guitars of Mick's:

1. White BCR Warlock w/Kahler.
                          2. Custom one bucker black Gibson V w/v-trem?

Anybody have those?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Not too many people cite Mick Mars as a major influence. When Too Fast For Love came out I was intrigued by the record sleeve (I think) with Mick and that weird star shape guitar. After listening to him I was hooked. When Shout at the Devil came out I was probably the most loyal number 1 fan of Mick's and YES, he is at number 1 on my list of influences.

I have always tried to follow his guitar usage. At first it seemed like he would play anything. Gibson, BC Rich, Guild, etc. It wasn't until Theater of Pain when he got Kramerized.

I wouldn't mind seeing some pics of the following guitars of Mick's:

1. White BCR Warlock w/Kahler.
                            2. Custom one bucker black Gibson V w/v-trem?

Anybody have those?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was a huge crue fan growing up, they were my favorite metal band of that time at that time. I loved Mick's warm style of playing, wasnt the most flashy, but damn something about his guitar work just always got me.

Comment

Mick scares me.

Mike
                              Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Working...
                              X