Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone who caught the Soilwork / DT / Hypocrisy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone who caught the Soilwork / DT / Hypocrisy...

So anyone who caught the Soilwork / Dark Tranquillity / Hypocrisy / Mnemic tour... I got a quick question.

Dark Tranquillity, Hypocrisy / Mnemic were all using 5150II's but I also noticed something somewhat odd when they were playing... Both 5150II's seemed to have Behringer V-Amps sitting on top of them. Then when they were setting levels only the Behringer V-Amps were being used. What made it more interesting for me was that they were running their wireless / cords right into the front of the 5150 II's. So were they using the V-Amps in the effects loop of the 5150 II's to adjust volume / for effects?

Also... Soilwork was using Krank Krankensteins with Caparison axes across the board (the Ola and Peter had the same model). The bass player was using a really ugly Caparison bolt on Dillinger bass, yuck!

Re: Anyone who caught the Soilwork / DT / Hypocris

Gonna catch em this sunday! How was the show? Details dude, how'd those Krankenstein's sound? Was the setlists good or just ok? That's kind interesting they were runnin that in the FX loop, I thought they pretty much ran straight through the Peaveys.

Comment

what you ask is very possible...my rig is set up the same way...i run thru an effects processor and use it for my volume control...d.m.
      http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Are you sure they were 5150 II's? I couldn't see, but from above it looked exactly like my recto! At least hypocrisy's. And yes I did notice the blue V Amp.

Comment

ummm. In Denver Mnemic used line 6 HD147 heads.

Hypocrisy had the 5150 IIs.

DT and Soilwork both used the Krank amplifiers.

Comment

Wow, whacky...

At the Seattle show, the only clearly visible amps on stage were the two Krankenstein rigs and a 5150II that Dark Tranquillity and Hypocrisy both used. Mnemic could've been using another set of heads but they were out of site and the 5150II on stage was powered on so I assumed that they were running that one. I didn't see any Rectos or anything other than what I've mentioned. The Krankensteins were off until Soilwork played.

Everyone's tone was pretty good that night (at least stage sound) but the clubs sound system had somewhat lousy tone, in my opinion. Very hard to hear everything all at once, especially during Dark Tranquillity's set. I just went right up front and stayed there and went off of the stage sound.

The Krankensteins sounded pretty good, much better than the Revolution 100's I've heard bands using. Their guitars were turned way up and both of them were Krankensteins so its hard to really give an accurate comparison to any other amp. To me, they sounded very similar to a Rectifiers tone. Peter's lead tone was awesome, but Ola's left a lot to be desired (Ola's tone sounded very shrill and dry when he was soloing, whereas Peter's sounded very fluid and smooth - this could be the fingers though). I was impressed with the tone, but not impressed to the point of wanting to go out and buy a Krank head, especially for the price.

Comment

Yeah Mnemic's amp heads were on the floor...hard to see. bUt I saw'em.

Comment

Working...
              X