Zakk's audition tape from 1987 for Ozzy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Zakk\'s audition tape from 1987 for Ozzy

That is very cool, amazing that he was only 19 at the time. But, Randy was pretty young as well when he hooked up with Ozzie. Great talent.

Mike
    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Just saw BLS on Sunday night and there was not one bad note with his guitar or vocals. Very talanted for sure.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Pretty cool. Zack sure did get alot better on guitar. Thats for sure. Somebody posted that this demo has a similar style to George Lynch. I don't hear a shred of Lynch in that playing. It sounds like straight up Randy Rhoads with a little more blues progressions. The most striking feature of this demo is how clean his playing is. Both hands are very precise.

Comment

Thanks for sharing

Comment

I know this guy Jim Matlosz (who was the guitar tech, and guy who recorded those demos)...and the friend of Zakk's (Rich) that is mentioned in the text below the demos, is my ex-wife's ex boyfriend Rich Fisanick, who also tried out for Ozzy. Rich didn't get the gig because he was too fast... played with too much speed, and not enough feeling.

BTW...great link and thanks for sharing dude! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I never heard this, thank you!!
              "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I know this guy Jim Matlosz (who was the guitar tech, and guy who recorded those demos)...and the friend of Zakk's (Rich) that is mentioned in the text below the demos, is my ex-wife's ex boyfriend Rich Fisanick, who also tried out for Ozzy. Rich didn't get the gig because he was too fast... played with too much speed, and not enough feeling.

BTW...great link and thanks for sharing dude! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I auditioned for Ozzy too for the Speak of the Devil tour. I was called back but I have no idea why I didn't get the gig. Brad Gillis got it. Great choice.

Comment

Working...
                X