X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Vai pics

Here are some pics of Steve @ Ziggy's:

http://hackolutions.com/vaiziggys/vaiziggys.htm
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Re: Steve Vai pics

very freakin' cool! thanks a Lot tim!

dude, how bad was the body crack in EVO? and Steve has a rhythm guitar player, in addition to some of the guitar stuff Tony does for him? great pics, Billy's the man, that double-neck Yamaha's awesome...

Comment

Damn, that makes me wish I splurged for the EVO package for this coming Sunday. But, money's tight. So I guess I'll have to enjoy the show like every other poor slob. Thanks for the pics.

Comment

Thanks...very nice pics.
        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          and Steve has a rhythm guitar player, in addition to some of the guitar stuff Tony does for him? great pics, Billy's the man, that double-neck Yamaha's awesome...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Vai's always had a 2nd guitarist, this guy's been with him for a couple yrs, before him it was that shorter dude that would wear a suit and weird top hats. Adding Tony for keys and as an occassional 3rd guitarist absolutely kills.

I just saw them last week in Boston. Tony rips it up way more this tour than he did (or was allowed) at the last G3 tour. I'd prefer having Tony playing only guitar, or better yet seeing him play his own solo stuff,..Maximum Security is still one of my fave instrumental guitarist Cds. Billy's bass tone sounded awesome. He did a mini-solo that kicked ass. ...Oh, and that Steve guy wasn't bad either... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Very cool man, thanks!

I'll be at the House of Blues on the 31st for him...can't wait.

Comment

seeing those pics makes me really want to see Vai when he comes to Vancouver later in April.... too bad April is exam month [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Is Vai doing this EVO Premium Experience thing before every show on this tour?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Yeah, Vai's always had a 2nd guitarist, this guy's been with him for a couple yrs, before him it was that shorter dude that would wear a suit and weird top hats. Adding Tony for keys and as an occassional 3rd guitarist absolutely kills.

[/ QUOTE ]

That "shorter dude" in the suit and weird top hats was the excellent Mike Keneally who previously had Tony's role in the band, as 2nd guitarist and keyboardist. The rhythm guitarist is Dave Weiner, who has been with Vai for years now, and was in the band even back when Mike Keneally was.

I've seen Vai three times now - the first time with Keneally on guitar/keys; the 2nd with Dave Weiner added; the last with MacAlpine replacing Keneally on guitar/keys

Tony's guitar playing was terrific when I saw them back in July. But his keys were deafeningly loud on his solo spot. He plays beautifully but it was uncomfortable to listen to.

I didn't enjoy the show as much this time around. I was so pumped for the show, seeing Vai/Sheehan AND MacAlpine!! Everybody's playing was flawless. The show opened strong with Billy singing Shy Boy, and the whole band kicking much arse. Great showmanship and the band looked like they were having a good time. But it seemed that way too often a song would end with everyone sustaining a chord while Steve farted about using the trem bar as a slide, tongue slides, making alien noises, animal growls and whatever ala the ending to Blue Powder. That's fine & dandy, brilliant stuff in moderation. But it seemed that on ever other song, for how ever long the song would take to get through, the sustained-chord-outro would take half as long again.

If they had balanced that sort of stuff more with some kick arse rock, maybe some more vocal tunes, stuff like Little Alligator would have been good.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Cool pics! Thanks for sharing

Comment

Both Keneally and MacAlpine have the guitar chops to play the harmony parts alongside Vai, as well as any keyboard parts he can throw at them, which is why they have been in the band alongside another rhythm guitarist. It seems like it would be a mess onstage, but it works very well.

What's funny to me is that MacAlpine is a virtuoso-caliber pianist, and he end up there on stage with Vai playing mostly simple three-finger synth pad parts. Hey, it's a gig...

Comment

Great pics, thanks Tim!
                      Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Cool pics. The Ibanez your kids painted looks a lot better than Vai's. He probably wanted it.
                        My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

<font color="aqua">great pics Tim, thanks for sharing them. I love the guitar your kids painted, that's perfect! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
                          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Cool pics. The Ibanez your kids painted looks a lot better than Vai's. He probably wanted it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have traded him [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Steve did spend a lot more time looking it over than I thought he would. Steve was just incredibly gracious.
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I wouldn't worry about your eyes being closed. I think the shot looks better that way...you look like you're getting into a solo! More like a cool candid rather than a posed shot.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Working...
                              X