SYL New Album...Alien

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SYL New Album...Alien

I just bought this album. It's a hell of alot better than the previous album. In the song "We Ride" the solo is crazy, not amazingly technical, but damn it's crazy and fits well.

Pick this album up! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Re: SYL New Album...Alien

I DL a few tracks and really dig it. Gonna go pick it up this weekend. SYL was ok, but my favorite so far is City. Gonna go check em out when they come to NY

Comment

I got this album couple months ago from net and sounds great.

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of SYL aside from Gene Hogland, he's gotta be one of the best drummers of all time.

Comment

City is insane, one of my fave records.
          SYL was disapointing, but from the tracks I´ve heard on the net, Alien kicks ass. Can´t wait to get it!

Comment

This album is hands down the best metal album released this year so far.

Comment

cool..

Hoglan rules...wouldn't be SYL without the Hoglanator..

I ordered it ...its on the way!!!
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Hey, I was just listening to No Sleep Til Bedtime (fave track, "Far Beyond Metal") and the Punky Bruster album. I want for Devin to write better songs, because the band's playing and his voice are so great. Just a lot of the songs are so weak. I'll definitely pick this up, though.
                please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Has anybody here been able to get a hold of any of the Zimmer's Hole music?

Zimmer's Hole is a side project of Jed Simon's and Gene Hoglan's.

As far as I know its sort of comedic extreme metal. I'm relaly interested in hearing it. But can't find it.

Comment

It's Jed and Byron/ Gene use to play for local van band called Punch Drunk but, I don't know if he does anymore.
                    Link

http://www.legionofflames.com/
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Has anybody here been able to get a hold of any of the Zimmer's Hole music?

[/ QUOTE ]

My baby left me for a thousand miles of cock! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Really quick, silly songs. Evil Robots is probably my fave. I think you can order it through the heavydevy.com site.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        This album is hands down the best metal album released this year so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

nope..so far that title belongs to BLOODBATH [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

This album freakin' kills. Its a massive sound again and has all the bits the other albums have had, and more. All wrapped up in some kickass new songs. I caught em on the last tour and it was the best concert I've seen in years. Cant wait to hear some of the new stuff live.
                          The making of dvd rules too, its good to see how this stuff gets made. Also, Hoglan shouldnt be able to drum that fast and tight, its just too weird! Checkout the end of 'Zen' for more details....

and wasnt nightmares made flesh '04? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I ordered the album and am getting it for my birthday (with some Black Label Society ablums and Slayer DVD and stuff...). But I have been listening to Love from Alien 4 days now. Now I'm listening CoB [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Been listening to it non-stop since yesterday. Lots of cool parts (the "give it away" parts of Possessions and the opening riff of Zen are my faves right now), awesome technical playing, amazing vocal range, great integration of keys and choir (and xylophone!). Songwriting could have been better. Many tracks are hard to discern from one another. Dunno what that 12 minutes of crap at the end was supposed to be.

Comment

Working...
                              X