Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strung Out Gear pix, killer stuff, 56k beware!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Strung Out Gear pix, killer stuff, 56k beware!

I could have come up with that guitar sound with a Vetta, a guitar and a guitar cord. Thats a heck of alot of gear for that style of music (or any for that matter), wouldn't you say? They must be making a ton of dough to afford all that equipment. Metallica might be the only band I know of that has more gear than this band in the studio when they record. I don't get it. I assume this band must be staggeringly popular.

Comment

Ok,now I know how is heaven.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I could have come up with that guitar sound with a Vetta, a guitar and a guitar cord. Thats a heck of alot of gear for that style of music (or any for that matter), wouldn't you say? They must be making a ton of dough to afford all that equipment. Metallica might be the only band I know of that has more gear than this band in the studio when they record. I don't get it. I assume this band must be staggeringly popular.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was only one song, and this song does not in any way reflect what the rest of the album, or the band for that matter, sounds like as a whole, they just used it for a single and a video since it fits in with what a lot of bands are doing today. The entire album has a very different feel than what is presented in "Analog." Every song has a unique and identifiable guitar tone that is specific to the track, which is what they were going for and ultimately achieved. As I said in the first post, most of the amps (Diezel, Vht etc) belonged to Matt, the producer who uses the stuff with the bands he records with. As far as them being popular, yeah they have a pretty big and loyal fanbase around the world. Enough so that they don't need to get real jobs and get to travel the world for the past 13 years and play shows for fans in other countries. They actually played with Metallica last year in Australia, they got nothing on them gear wise. Metallica has a fricken 3story compound to practice/record in, Strung Out has a big shed in the drummers back yard and split the cost of recording with their label.

Enough of me defending them, I know that they are, they know what they are, and their fans know what they are, a solid, good band. Enjoy the pics!

Comment

Sorry for the harsh post but I have never heard of them.

Comment

they're really cool. i like a lot of stuff on Fat Wreck. No USe For A Name has Dave Nassie, and he's one fuckin' hell of a player.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              they're really cool. i like a lot of stuff on Fat Wreck. No USe For A Name has Dave Nassie, and he's one fuckin' hell of a player.

[/ QUOTE ]

No Use is my second favorite band behind Strung Out. I really haven't liked the last 3 albums by them though, The Daily Grind was my favorite.

Comment

Working...
              X