Obscure Jeff Beck recordings??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obscure Jeff Beck recordings??

Today I found an old Jon Bon Jovi cd,the soundtrack He wrote for Young Guns and threw it in for the Hell of it and while listening I heard some Kahlered soloist work being played only the way Jeff can do it. He really stands out to Me like no other guitar player! Anyway I pulled out the insert and sure enough Jeff Beck's in like every song(and for aldo nova fans He's in there too). Is there any other Jeff recordings out there you guys may have heard that were also cool? I never get tired listening to JB.. [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
    Custom Shop-There is no substitute!

Re: Obscure Jeff Beck recordings??

If you can find it, you might be interested in the soundtrack to "Frankie's House". If I recall correctly, "Frankie's House" was an Australian movie or short series about a combat photographer in Vietnam during the war with the U.S. The CD is all instrumental and though the "songs" are short, it's chock full of Jeff doing all his microtonal bending and sounding quite Far Eastern.

If you're a Beck fan, I think you might like it but I think it will be hard to find. Dare I say it - check eBay or other sources for rare and out-of-print CD's.
    Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

www.jeffbeck.com

It has some other groups/albums that Jeff plays on.
      "POOP"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        www.jeffbeck.com

It has some other groups/albums that Jeff plays on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow Mark as always a wealth of information with proper spelling of course!!

John D thanks to you to Sir!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Wow Mark as always a wealth of information with proper spelling of course!!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's easy now that I own the new Merriam-Webster (MW-1)Signature Pocket Dictionary.
          "POOP"

Comment

The heck with Beck !! I gotta get a listen to my main man Aldo Nova. I love that guy. Thanks for the info bro!!

Comment

Jgcable
              All kidding aside theres some acoustic stuff played by Aldo thats pretty cool on the Bon Jovi Blazing Saddles. By the way it was like 8 bucks at walmart the other day!! Elton John's on there (playing piano only thank god)too for you Elton Fans!!

Comment

Jeff Beck Live at BB King's Club - this is a must have disc and it's only 10 bucks:

http://www.jeffbeckbootlegs.com/

Nadia and Angel (Footsteps) are amazing. Hell, the whole thing is amazing.
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Thanks Tim
                  I'll have to pick that one up!

Comment

Try Beck, Bogart, Appice, and Smeltz live at The Hammersmith.
                    "POOP"

Comment

There and Back was not really obscure, but was kinda ignored coming after Blow by Blow and is INCREDIBLE.Its kinda in the vein of Blow by Blow and Wired but some of it's pretty heavy. Same rhythm section as Schenker used on the MSG album with the electric chair. Also check out rough and ready, old school r+b with some of his best playing ever. There's also some weird **** he played on with Donovan way back when
                      http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

I got a Jeff Beck / Stevie Ray Vaughn promotional cd from Fender a few years back. I don't remember if it's all studio cuts or whether there were any obscure live tracks or what. Been awhile since I listened to it. Don't know where you'd find it unless you got lucky on ebay.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I got a Jeff Beck / Stevie Ray Vaughn promotional cd from Fender a few years back. I don't remember if it's all studio cuts or whether there were any obscure live tracks or what. Been awhile since I listened to it. Don't know where you'd find it unless you got lucky on ebay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beaner
                          Do they play together on that fender CD? That would be pretty cool to hear as I'm also a huge Stevie Ray fan..

BlindMuddy - I saw JB on his there and back tour ,that was a great record! I'll have to check it out again,thanks!

Comment

Working...
                          X