No announcement yet.

Karl Sanders on the Jackson home page!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Karl Sanders on the Jackson home page!

that nile engraved logo on the kxk is cool :O

Comment

here's a full pic of karl's jackson from nile forums , looks like a Rhoads , is that fingerboard rosewood ?

Comment

looks really dark to me...ebony? perhaps?

Comment

I think the fingerboard's rosewood, but scalloped and not in the best light. I don't think he normally makes any use of the controls, all of his customs/planned guitars have been controlless except for the Dean V custom they made for him had a volume. When I saw them live, he never touched the controls on the guitar, it gets switched off thru his floorboard that controls all his midi stuff.

Comment

I thought Karl Sanders was the tall one with the goatee? And the chunky motherf*cker was Dallas 'something'? (Said by a true chunky motherf*cker myself)
            The fingerboards cocobolo, it says on the website.

Jamesy

Comment

Ah, ok, thanks Death.

Na, Mr.White, we're talking about his custom scalloped rhoads, not his new KxK custom.

Comment

Nope, Karl is the chunky mofo, Dallas Toller-Wade is the tall skinny no-longer-goateed mofo. By the way, has anybody seen a spec sheet for the Jackson custom? I just realized the pic zooms and it's definitely a king V profile, not rhoads... but the 22-fret fingerboard ends where the 24s usually do and the bridge seems to be hanging of the end a bit. Is it long-scale? Anybody know what gives?

Comment

No idea, but I like it. Nice to see him with a Jackson! It looks like a Seymour Duncan Invader, is that right?

And the KXK looks cool, not very practical headstock though, but who gives a ****? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ...Well maybe the guy that gets his eyes poked. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Anders
                  https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

yup that should be the invader - they use it in i think all of their guitars...

The nice thing i read is that his main guitar ( now retired and used only in studio after many years of playing ) is a 80's San Dimas Charvel strat .

Comment

I think it's a 27" scale. His new KxK custom is 27" if you read the specs on the site, so that would explain the bizarre look of his custom Jackson.

Comment

If it is a 27", I wonder if he asked for that alignment? I remember seeing the 27" KV they made for Buckethead, and it looked "normal," like they moved the nut away from the body instead of the bridge towards the rear.

Comment

Working...
                        X