Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jason Bonham Led Zeppelin Evening, Whitesnake and Foreigner 7-8-2018 at Heritage Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason Bonham Led Zeppelin Evening, Whitesnake and Foreigner 7-8-2018 at Heritage Park

My family and I caught Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Evening, Whitesnake and Foreigner last night at Heritage Park Amphitheater in Simpsonville, SC. It was definitely worth the five and a half hour drive. It's supposed to be a little over four hour drive, but with the holiday traffic and Charlotte's incessant road construction it took a bit longer.

I've never been able to catch any of these bands shows until now. Whitesnake has been high on my want to see list for a helluva long time. All three bands put on a damn good show. Sound was real good for all three bands, but I give a slight edge to Jason Bonham's LZE for the best mix. All the bands were real tight, and played their asses off. Foreigner had one of the best light shows that I have ever seen. I totally dug Whitesnake's set, and I was pretty surprised that they played Slide It In and Slow N Easy. Tommy Aldridge totally killed it on the drums too! He's always been one of my favorite drummers.

I thought the show was a bargain since the tickets were only 29 bucks a head for my wife, son and I. We ended up staying the night and driving home today as I'm off on Mondays. The schedule really worked in our favor since my wife is a teacher.

If this tour comes near you I definitely recommend seeing it. We really liked the Heritage Park Amphitheater too. They have Five Finger Death Punch scheduled next month, and if I had more vacation days to spare I'd take off and see that one too. This is the one drawback to living in the sticks three hours or more from civilization. If I lived near a venue like Heritage Park or others I'd be all over the shows that come through.

The video was recorded with my Samsung Galaxy phone, and my digital camera. I give the cell phone the edge in the sound quality. The better pictures were taken with my digital camera as it cut through the glare better than my cell phone. The digital camera batteries started to go during Foreigner's set, so I wasn't able to get decent pictures of them.

Here are a few pictures and videos from last nights show. I hope you enjoy them! I'll add the Jason Bonham's LZE video tomorrow.

Last edited by Razor; 07-09-2018, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Comment

Very cool, I missed out on that one!

Comment

I think the closest we're getting in my neck of the woods: Foreigner with Special Guests Jason Bonham & Queensryche

http://ironstoneamphitheatre.net/wir...m-queensryche/
          In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

They were in my area yesterday, didn't hear about it to this week. boo! I did however see whitesnake on their big tour in the 80's and Foreigner with the original signer back in the 90's so it's not a bucket list event for me.

Comment

Sounds like a cool show.
              Coincidentally, I'm listening to the Bonham album right now...

Comment

Yep, great show! I saw these 3 back on 6/29 in Bristow, VA. Bonham's LZE was playing while we were entering the place, getting beers, getting to our seats, etc., so we missed most of them. But we could hear them and the singer is phenomenal!! (don't know who he is but would like to find out). I never saw Whitesnake back in the day, either. They played a great setlist and sounded really good. The wife and I saw Foreigner a few years ago in Atlanta, co-headlining with Bryan Adams, and they put on a great show yet again. Kelly Hansen is a fantastic singer, nails the songs!
                Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

I went to the Irvine, Ca. show. Bonham - incredible band. Drums were mic'd/mixed clear as a bell (of course). Jason has a Japanese Jimmy Page: looks, moves...everything. Foreigner - one of the best shows I have seen in 30 years of concert-going. Mick does not come out until the 4th song, though. And he moves really slow on stage. But he can still play fills and leads! Whitesnake? I give 'em a "B". Coverdale's vocals are just not there anymore. I get it. He's almost 70. Band was great, though. He had help from keyboards and bass with back-up vocals. Sometimes Reb and Joel. A great show, though. So glad we went!
                  8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

Working...
                  X