Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gary Moore lip syncing a cover song with a white soloist.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary Moore lip syncing a cover song with a white soloist.

As a fan it kind of gutted me watching him try so hard to be pop...

GTWGITS! - RacerX

He was on a pop show here in the UK around the same time: flying V not plugged in, no band, stood on a pedestal miming surrounded by the audience. Can't seem to find a video of it. I guess it was "of the time".

Comment

I didn't much like that song. His cover or the original. Although it was the first time that a lot of people here really paid attention to Gary, maybe because it was an Easybeats song (RIP George Young, btw). He actually got on the radio.

Despite local radio hammering Friday On My Mind, I still bought the album as soon as it came out. It felt like a letdown after Run For Cover, but it had some solid tunes. Over The Hills And Far Away, Thunder Rising, Take A Little Time. The Loner was a great instrumental & probably the track I listened to most
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Everybody was dolled up to the max between '84 and '88. Even to the extent of....gulp.......Man Perms.

Then Gun's R Roses hit it big and made it cool to look rough again.
        '95 Charvel San Dimas USA Model I Koa - BKP
        '91 Charvel 650 Custom - EMG 85/SLV/SLV+SPC
        '92 Jackson Soloist Pro MIJ
        '91 Charvel 475 Exotic Cherry Sunburst - Duncan PATB set
        '90 Charvel 475 XL
        '10 Charvel San Dimas MIJ Style 1 2H - JB/'59
        Mesa Boogie Quad Preamp/Stereo Simul-Class 2:90
        Mesa Boogie MkIII+ Simul-Class & MkIVb with Mark Series stack
        Marshall JVM410H

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
          I didn't much like that song. His cover or the original. Although it was the first time that a lot of people here really paid attention to Gary, maybe because it was an Easybeats song (RIP George Young, btw). He actually got on the radio.

Despite local radio hammering Friday On My Mind, I still bought the album as soon as it came out. It felt like a letdown after Run For Cover, but it had some solid tunes. Over The Hills And Far Away, Thunder Rising, Take A Little Time. The Loner was a great instrumental & probably the track I listened to most
          Run for Cover was such a solid album though, so it's hard to follow up. It's also around when Phil passed, so he probably was affected by that to some degree and probably what lead him to do music that spoke to him rather than chasing chart success. After the War seemed like he had a couple good songs and just invited anybody to the studio to see what happened on the other tracks. Blood of Emeralds off that one is a fave.

I have to say his last album, Bad For You Baby, is one of my faves. It has a great mix of music and tones and lots of opportunities to show Gary's ability to throw fire.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
          X