• Another new Metallica track released "Moth Into Flame"

Not bad. Thoughts?

My Toys:
    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
    '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
    '94 Dinky HX in Black
    '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Not bad. Kind of different. I think I like it. They need to cut it down from the 6 minutes to make it more radio friendly.

Anyone else hear the Toxic Waltz riff ?

Comment

It's not bad, but the chorus doesn't really seem to match the main riff to me. I just can't get into them anymore. Everything they've done from 1996 and on does nothing to inspire me to want to listen to them. It seems to me that they're trying too hard, or maybe they just don't have the ability to write and record a thrash masterpiece anymore. I don't mind the song length as long as it's something worth listening all the way through for. This one was a good effort, but I liked the other a tad better. I've liked neither early release enough to buy the album though.

Comment

They played it on the radio today and I found myself losing interest midway through the song. I liked the first one a little more too but wasn't overly impressed with either one. Oddly enough I picked up Aaron Lewis' new country album and haven't stopped listening to it in the car. I must be getting old.

Comment

Definitely heard the Toxic Waltz riff. Like Razor said it's not bad but they just do not appeal to me anymore. Kirk needs to ditch the F#'n wah pedal they need to ditch those harmonizing vocals and the chorus sucks. I'll check out the full album in its entirety when it releases, but @ this time it's nothing I would BUY or download for that matter.
          \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Long and drawn out. They've forgotten how to write music people want to thrash to.

It is a bit reminiscent of the bay area thrash sound from the late 80's... but nothing very interesting and nothing really powerful.

They're just another band you hope only only hear the first 4 albums on tour before they finish their set.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Well, at least we had Dystopia this year.

Comment

Originally posted by DRM View Post
                Well, at least we had Dystopia this year.
                And "For All Kings" too. I'm still digging that album, and it's been out since the end of February.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
                  It's not bad, but the chorus doesn't really seem to match the main riff to me. I just can't get into them anymore. Everything they've done from 1996 and on does nothing to inspire me to want to listen to them. It seems to me that they're trying too hard, or maybe they just don't have the ability to write and record a thrash masterpiece anymore. I don't mind the song length as long as it's something worth listening all the way through for. This one was a good effort, but I liked the other a tad better. I've liked neither early release enough to buy the album though.
                  Their original music writing went out the window as soon as james and lars quit doing all the writing themselves. I can imagine that it would suck to be kirk and to be told the songs are done, heres where your solo goes. But thats the process their first 4 were born from.
                  My Toys:
                  '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
                  '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
                  '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
                  '94 Dinky HX in Black
                  '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

This is better than anything they've done since Justice, but the guitar sound is farty, and Kirk is doing the same tired thing he's done since Black Album. As a song though, I kinda like it. It's punchy, catchy and definitely has some spirit.

Comment

Not bad riffs...just trying to picture old James singing...

Also, the drum sound is awful.

Comment

I like kinda like it. Did the tone get better or is it just more fitting to this type song? Moth into Flame sounds better to me than Hard Wired does.

Comment

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
                          Their original music writing went out the window as soon as james and lars quit doing all the writing themselves. I can imagine that it would suck to be kirk and to be told the songs are done, heres where your solo goes. But thats the process their first 4 were born from.
                          The "Die! Die! Die!" section in "Creeping Death" came from a song Kirk wrote before he joined Metallica.

Personally, I think this new song kicks ass. Apart from, again, Kirk's solo. It's diabolical. No structure or theme or memorable melody to it, it's a fucking joke. Then watch the live version on that Fallon show and he sounds like he's out of tune. I don't get it with the guy, he's a hopeless guitar player these days.
                          http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

On The Tonight Show a couple nights ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBHSvxG-F_k

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre View Post

Personally, I think this new song kicks ass. Apart from, again, Kirk's solo. It's diabolical. No structure or theme or memorable melody to it, it's a fucking joke. Then watch the live version on that Fallon show and he sounds like he's out of tune. I don't get it with the guy, he's a hopeless guitar player these days.
                              +1

sigpic
                              Action Jackson

Comment

Working...
                              X