Adrian Smith Green Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrian Smith Green Jackson

Was flipping around the channels today and saw MTV Classic, formerly VH1 Classic, was running Download 2016. Was in lame standard def, so I couldn't see too clearly. I'll record it when MTV Live runs it in HD. Adrian was playing what seemed to be a green, quilted burst Jackson during the song Book Of Souls. Not 100% sure of the finish, perhaps it's a flame. I'm really liking this, and would love to get a sig model just like it. I ran a search here on the JCF and didn't find any mention of it. Managed to find a photo online....

*Edit* Now I find mention of it in this thread...

Last edited by BayRocker; 08-19-2016, 06:24 PM.
    My Charvel/Jackson Family

yea man, it's pretty sweet
    Hail yesterday

Comment

On the subject of green Jackson AS models, did Jackson ever release a green sparkle/glitter/flake one seen below? Guitarist is Courtney Cox, who plays Adrian's role in The Iron Maidens.

Comment

I don't believe so. I think they made that special for Courtney
        Hail yesterday

Comment

I got to talk to Courtney after an Iron Maidens show a few months ago...I always wondered about her Green Adrian Smith Model...and as far as I'm concerned, coming from her, I no longer have to wonder.. Sadly she didn't play it that night and was using a brand I had never heard of, She didn't even have it with her that night. As far as the One shes using most of the time now, she said a friend who's a guitar builder built it for her and she loves it. As far as the Green....I asked if she had it refinished, she said "It was painted by Jackson for her, but she had to get a direct permission from Adrian to have that done and this is the only one in existance.....So...thats good enough for me

Comment

Now if they'd only add that neck heel truss rod adjustment wheel to the regular sig models... Off the neck to adjust the truss rod is a pita.

Comment

The trans green has a Duncan humbucker in the bridge which is a change for him on these guitars..
              Popular is not the same as good
              Rare is not the same as valuable
              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by DaveNV View Post
                I got to talk to Courtney after an Iron Maidens show a few months ago...I always wondered about her Green Adrian Smith Model...and as far as I'm concerned, coming from her, I no longer have to wonder.. Sadly she didn't play it that night and was using a brand I had never heard of,
                Probably her Caparison. It seems to have become her number 1
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Yes...I think that's it....I've never heard of them, but she said something about one of her friends making it for her...I havent seen her with her Jackson's in a while..

Comment

Good guitars. Lots of pro guys use or have used them, like Killswitch Engage, Everygrey, Matthias IA Eklundh, Andy LaRocque, Michael Romeo. The guy who started Caparison used to design guitars for Jackson in Japan
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Birth of Caparison guitars: http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/birt...on-guitars.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                        On the subject of green Jackson AS models, did Jackson ever release a green sparkle/glitter/flake one seen below? Guitarist is Courtney Cox, who plays Adrian's role in The Iron Maidens.]
                        I had discussions with a former J/C employee around the time the AS models had finally streeted. Was told a few (2 or 3) samples in either this glitter and/or a slime green version floating about the offices. Artist relations samples type. Where they float from one possible artist to another - this also applied to retail/sales reps. They would have sample models getting shipped around to/from Buyers & Reps. So they existed.

Comment

I always really liked her Green AS model , I was just going by what she told me......Interesting on the Comparison guitars....very cool, Court Must know them as she said "A friend made that for me and there was no way i wasnt using it"

Comment

here she is playing a Caparison

Last edited by Codex; 09-08-2016, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X