Guthrie Govan gettin Heavy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guthrie Govan gettin Heavy

Must be the Charvel this is the heaviest I heard from Guthrie. All that from just 3 players. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAA-uGg9eGA

Nice way to start the day!

Comment

I've been following Bryan Beller since before he got his gig with Beer for Dolphins. As soon as I heard about the Aristocrats I was glad to see that he got hooked up with another huge talent, although Guthrie's "name value" may be even less than that of Dweezil Zappa to the mainstream audience.
      Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Sounds like he listened to a Megadeth album and then something from Steve Vai.

I've never heard anything from him that actually sounded original.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I have to say I was really hoping to like this, but his playing and tone are coming off to me as very uninspired. Just lacking any emotional connection at all. I am really intrigued by his signature though. Nearly a perfect Charvel for me.

Although my judgement may be off do to the large hole in my head!
          "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Marco is such a good drummer.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Nice tune.
              www.vvforums.com

Comment

HUGE Guthrie fan, but I have to say this song just came off as boring to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                  Marco is such a good drummer.
                  considering the stuff he's done since, I'm glad he didn't get the DT gig
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by ecsong187 View Post
                    HUGE Guthrie fan, but I have to say this song just came off as boring to me.
                    it may just be because I had this CD in the car for months & so knew the song well, I really enjoyed this performance
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                    X