Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So....who's enjoying the new Anthrax album?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So....who's enjoying the new Anthrax album?

I've only had one play through but that was enough to know we've got another winner here.

The guitars aren't as loud or thick as Worship Music but it doesn't matter, it's just freakin awesome.

It's been growing on me. Joey is ON! I was worried before Worship Music came out. This isn't as heavy as that one but it seems they're working the melodic stuff a bit more.
    Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

I like it a lot. That said, I do think Megadeth's Dystopia is better as a whole, Breathing Lightning could be the best song from both albums. Also, Joey is probably the best singer of all the Big 4 right now. I liked John Bush, but the band and their output aside from a great song or 2 (of course I mean ONLY) was nowhere as good as what these past 2 Joey albums offer.

I give it 4 out of 5 stars.
      Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

I hate it.

Guitars have no balls. Drums sound buried. They sound like Fall Out Boy meets Anthrax. Incredible disappointed with this one.

In all the press leading up to the record they said it was fast, heavy, and thrashy. Liars.

Joey can still sing, which is good.

The solos are pretty good. Never was a fan of Caggiano's playing.

Still can't stand it though. I've been a fan since the first record and I think they can do better.

Comment

Originally posted by Venomboy View Post
          I hate it.

Guitars have no balls. Drums sound buried. They sound like Fall Out Boy meets Anthrax. Incredible disappointed with this one.

In all the press leading up to the record they said it was fast, heavy, and thrashy. Liars.

Joey can still sing, which is good.

The solos are pretty good. Never was a fan of Caggiano's playing.

Still can't stand it though. I've been a fan since the first record and I think they can do better.
          Man, that's not what I wanted to hear. I was happy when they said it was going to be heavier than Worship Music. It sucks if that's truly not the case.
          My Toys:
          '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
          '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
          '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
          '94 Dinky HX in Black
          '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

It's not as heavy but it's still a great album. Had it on going to work & back, great songs & performances, still has a quality production.

Comment

As a huge Bush era fan I was a little let down that they brought Joey back. Worship is heavy a hell, this one has really grown on me. Joey is killing it, band is on...

shit, my 8yr old is humming the melodies in the songs!
              Leads are reminiscent of Dan.

This is disc could have come right after POT.

yes Worship is heavier. They had something to prove bringing Joey back. Worship needed to be heavier. Still the best out of the Big 4! Slayer a close second.
              Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

I went to buy it today and it was sold out! Which was a surprise.. What I've heard sounds good, and the leads are awesome - then again, I hated Caggiano so..
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I'm totally digging it. Best album I've bought in years that was good from front to back. Not the heaviest they've put out, but I'll be damned if all the tunes aren't catchy to my ear. I really like it! It's definitely more melodic.

Comment

I care so much I didn't even know there was a new album.
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I loved Worship Music when they put that one out in 2011. I haven't brought myself to pick this one up yet. They hyped it up as being heavy and thrashy, but the few songs I've heard so far have really not been what they claimed. I was expecting heavier than Worship Music.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Really like the latest one!
                        JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                        Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Long time fan...from way back to the Spreading days....i think im most impressed with Donias' performance. Im digging it as a whole

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                            I care so much I didn't even know there was a new album.
                            +1
                            Xeno

Comment

I normally don't buy new albums as so many over the years have just been one or two good songs with a bunch of crap filler to them. I heard two or three tunes off of For All Kings on XM radio, and decided to give it a try. I normally don't keep up with newer music either as I just can't get into it. I'm glad I have XM though as this was one of the best albums I've bought going back to the day. I can't remember the last album I bought that I liked front to back. It made me feel like I was back in the day a little bit. It was a cool to not stop the album the whole way through. That hasn't happened in a very long time for me.

I normally buy used albums at the local music store, but most of the stuff I want on CD has been out of print for years.

Comment

Working...
                              X