Mille has left Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mille has left Jackson

Just saw the new ESP releases on 7string & Mille has a sig V, so it looks like another lost Jackson soldier. Jackson must have some shitty deals going on to lose such a loyal player for so many years.

It seems like Jackson has very little interest in sponsoring artists. How many artists do they endorse currently? less than five?

Comment

After 30 years, that's lame..
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by Aso View Post
        It seems like Jackson has very little interest in sponsoring artists. How many artists do they endorse currently? less than five?

The Misha I am sure sells to the djent crowd but I have never listened to them. Does Phil Demmel really sell guitars? I love Machine Head but i don't think he moves guitars and Flynn likely moves more Epi's. The Morton likely does well and I want one. The Broderick doesn't sell on name I bet it is just a super looking guitar imho. Jackson isn't concerned with artists... That is even with Akai. FMIC sells both Jackson and Charvel on their history.
        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I guess Phil Collen's name has helped move some PCs & the Adrian Smith SDX has sold well, dunno about the USA version though. There's not much left on the roster.

Comment

I knew it was ESP before opening the title.

That's how ESP operates.

And do I even have to guess that his new sig model is a knock-off of either a Jackson or Gibson?

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo View Post
              The Misha I am sure sells to the djent crowd but I have never listened to them. Does Phil Demmel really sell guitars? I love Machine Head but i don't think he moves guitars and Flynn likely moves more Epi's. The Morton likely does well and I want one. The Broderick doesn't sell on name I bet it is just a super looking guitar imho. Jackson isn't concerned with artists... That is even with Akai. FMIC sells both Jackson and Charvel on their history.
              i'd love to have a USA Demmel but Jackson doesn't/won't make them. It must be my own bias but I just can't justify paying 1200 for a Indonesian made one. Rather spend the extra money and a Custom Select KV

Comment

Aso I am pretty similar with the Morton. I'm not a huge Morton fan but I love that setup and body. I wish they made a USA version. Kinda silly that I want that because I am sure the import quality is spot on. The pro stuff is made damn well.
                I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB7kwFJ456c&hd=1

so that's the guitar, and there's a swipe at Jackson in the video as well.
                  In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Of course. Jackson isn't a company anymore, it's just a brand.
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB7kwFJ456c&hd=1

so that's the guitar, and there's a swipe at Jackson in the video as well.
                      LOL I noticed that. He also used to work for Jackson. Guitar is ugly as hell. The Glenn Tipton model looks interesting, and I kinda wanna see the new Hetfield and Hammett models.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

ESP gobbles up any artist. Tipton has been playing those Hamers for years and now that the band is just about done, he gets a sig model from ESP.

Comment

Wow that sucks. I liked his Jackson model.
                          2014 Jackson KEXMG - Gloss Black with Seymour Duncan Black winter
                          Charvel Desolation Star DST-1 - Transparent Black
                          Epiphone "1958" Korina Explorer - Ebony

Peavey 5150 II
                          Peavey Valve King 4x12 Slant Cab

Comment

Damn that's fucking ugly! Needs a company to take some more risks eh? Like Mustaine did with the Axxion...
                            Popular is not the same as good
                            Rare is not the same as valuable
                            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                              LOL I noticed that. He also used to work for Jackson. Guitar is ugly as hell. The Glenn Tipton model looks interesting, and I kinda wanna see the new Hetfield and Hammett models.
                              Chris used to be an artist rep (the first after Kev, post Fender) for Jackson then for EVH. I know he wasn't pleased at all when he left.
                              Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Working...
                              X