Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zappa Plays Zappa.

Sup?

The coolest thing just happened last night. So I get this call out of the blue from a friend that I used to be in a band with, that moved to Pensacola a couple years ago. He asks " Hey,,,what are you doing on the 18th?

I said " don't know,,what's up?"

My wife got me 2 tickets for Zappa Plays Zappa in Atlanta,,, Wanna go?....Hmmmmm?
    shit yeah I wanna go... Soooooo....I'm going to the show I'm so freakin stoked...I cant wait

It's at the
    Variety Playhouse, Anyone from Atlanta ? Is it in a decent Neighborhood? anything I should know?
    MOSHON
    DAVE
    "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Very cool, yeah I saw them open for Dream Theater at the Tabernacle in Atlanta and they were awesome. I'm not a huge Frank Zappa fan but I really could appreciate the long jam sessions. I think Dweezil did the material justice.

The VP is in the Little Five Points neighborhood which isn't a bad neighborhood, lots of "character". You can hoof it there from the Marta but it's a bit of a hike. I've walked it a couple of times. It's a great place to see a show, the sound system is top notch.

Comment

Originally posted by MOSHWITZ View Post
      Sup?

The coolest thing just happened last night. So I get this call out of the blue from a friend that I used to be in a band with, that moved to Pensacola a couple years ago. He asks " Hey,,,what are you doing on the 18th?

I said " don't know,,what's up?"

My wife got me 2 tickets for Zappa Plays Zappa in Atlanta,,, Wanna go?....Hmmmmm?
      shit yeah I wanna go... Soooooo....I'm going to the show I'm so freakin stoked...I cant wait

It's at the
      Variety Playhouse, Anyone from Atlanta ? Is it in a decent Neighborhood? anything I should know?
      MOSHON
      DAVE
      Variety Playhouse is a good venue. You'll be fine. Little 5 is definitely not the worst place to be at night.

Comment

As a Fractal artist, he'll have good sound for sure! I find some of the Zappa material a little challenging to listen to, but Dweezil's got some legit skills.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I saw them a couple of years ago as part of some prog fest layout, Dream Theater was the headliner. Pretty cool show, even the lesser known acts.

Dweezil's got some chops, that's for sure. At one point, he even pulled out a Charvel EVH B&Y, and ripped into Eruption. A lot of talent to appreciate in his band, even if you're not into the old Zappa material.

Comment

Yeah,, I think it's gonna be cool. I'm a long time fan of Franks' music since I was a little kid. My brother had a bunch on vinyl and 8-track so I was exposed pretty early,,probably too early but even then I got the humor and satire so I think it is in some way responsible for a good part of my sense of humor
            Can't wait.

MOSHON
            DAVE
            "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

What a great freaking show. The band was tight as hell, Dweezil's tone was stellar,,and HOLY SHIT that Sax solo Scheila was on FIRE Best show I've seen in ages.

Here a couple quick clips my bud Bill snapped with his I-phone.

MOSHON
              DAVE

Comment

Comment

With my ugly mug..

Comment

And someone rudely lingering.in front of Me..

Comment

cool vids, Dave. Thanks for sharing them
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                      X