Ace sighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ace sighting

So I believe I saw member Ace at the Slash/Aerosmith show last night at Jones Beach. The way the stage was set up and the angle from our seats meant that the side of the stage where Slash was standing was wide open. All through the show I could see this guy in a black t-shirt and black shorts holding a guitar. Between certain songs he would run out and switch guitars with slash. I actually noticed only 3 guitars. His vintage burst LP, a blue-green doubleneck and a goldtop LP. His tone was great and his playing was awesome. The crowd went nuts when they did the GNR stuff. He nailed all the leads perfectly. The whole band was very tight and that Miles Kennedy guy has some set of pipes. Reminded me of a young Sebastian Bach sound. Perfect for doing the GNR stuff. I always feel bad for the opener at these shows. The place is half empty and its still light out. Its a much cooler vibe at the beach when the sun goes down. So, hats off to Ace. Oh and Aerosmith was awesome. Joe Perry was super cool as usual. His tone was very loud and cut through the mix well. Very good for an outdoor venue. Black LP with a floyd was cool. It was the first show of the U.S. tour so Steven's voice was killer and they commented on being back in the states a few times. They did a lot of filming too. I think its going to be on a dvd at some point. They followed steven backstage during songs where he messed around with the special guests and let them sing into the mic alot. They also followed him off the stage when it was over while he mugged for the camera the whole way. The best part was no assholes sitting by us. Thank god. LOL.

He should be in my neck of the woods this weekend - Playing in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada.....of all places.....
    -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Todd Kerns is Slash's secret weapon. Multi-instrumental player, can sing his ass off, veteran stage presence. Saw him many, many times with Age of Electric back in the day.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo-VlouoAxY
        -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

if your ever to vegas go see todd's band the sin city sinners. always a good time and tons of celebrity guest musicians.

Comment

I was in a band that opened for Sin City Sinners on a fly date to Vegas a few years ago-I was blown away by Todd. He played guitar and sang lead and nailed every single solo and vocal part to every song they played. He is killer. Had a beat up old white Les Paul Custom that he just threw in the corner backstage on their set break.

Comment

Working...
            X