Gene Simmons' Axe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gene Simmons' Axe

Watched the video to "All Hells Breakin' Loose" today and aside from the hoakey video saw two cool Jackson's. Vinnie's VV and Gene Simmons Jackson Axe bass. Cool to see him playing a Jackson. I thought it was something like J0002 or J0003? Kind of a historic Jackson. I know he played several from other makers, but wondered where this one went. Maybe he keeps his old basses? Or maybe in a collection like Rob W or Sully?

He probably ditched it because Jackson isn't a big prestigious world-renowned brand of instruments like Cort is.

Comment

Oh dude, I don't have anything resembling a Jackson collection besides my Rhoads LTD. You're thinking of Curt on that one. That said, no idea where his Jackson bass went.
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Apparently there were two versions of the Jackson (I don't know how many actual units, just that there were two different designs).

One of them was going to be auctioned off at a Kiss Konvention. It was displayed, and then disappeared before the auction.
        No police report was filed, so we don't know if it was stolen, sold, or taken back into Gene's custody.

Side notes:
        Gene does still own, but does not use, the original Axe from the 70's (not a jackson).
        Jason Newstead owns (or previously owned) one of Gene's Axe Basses, but I don't know which.
        Last edited by pianoguyy; 06-03-2014, 10:30 AM. Reason: formatting/punctuation

Comment

Cort - funny! Thanks Piano - interesting info. I saw all the different ones he used, but you don't see the Jackson show up in pictures or vids too often.
          Sully - I was thinking you because of the video on youtube where you were Ace Frehly - the moment of silence one. I just figured if there was a Kiss-used Jackson out there, you might have it. Really? No Big Red even?! Blasphemy! I'm sure you could just make one anytime you wanted though.

Comment

He uses the Jackson Axe on the Animalize Uncensored video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tPgi0KzjP0

Check out the bass solo at 51:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
              He probably ditched it because Jackson isn't a big prestigious world-renowned brand of instruments like Cort is.
              and because cort probably lets him keep 80% of the sales.....
              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I have that on DVD. Its an import, and you can't get the subtitles off. I hate it.
                I also have it on VHS. But - I recorded it off of the tv. When it was first aired as an MTV Concert.

Comment

I saw the bass in person at the KISS convention in 95. The neck back is unpainted and is some very dark wood with a weird grain to it. I have pics some place. I thought it was sold at the Southerbys auction in 99? I also owned #16 Axe bass when he sold them through Spencers. It actully played and sounded great.
                  H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

I know where 2 of the numbered Axe basses are.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by mr426 View Post
                      I saw the bass in person at the KISS convention in 95. The neck back is unpainted and is some very dark wood with a weird grain to it. I have pics some place. I thought it was sold at the Southerbys auction in 99? I also owned #16 Axe bass when he sold them through Spencers. It actully played and sounded great.
                      Must've been heavy as hell
                      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Looked like it
                        H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X