X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• conquering dystopia

Has everyone heard this yet, WOW! http://conqueringdystopia.com/downloads
    METAL, LIVE IT!

Not a fan of this polished modern stuff, it doesn't move me in any way. Granted, Keith Merrow and Jeff Loomis are great players and all but i'd rather listen to Venom or something.

EDIT: GASing for a Keith Merrow signature Schecter KM-7 though.
    It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
    ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Super impressed with the playing, as expected. Haven't listened to all of it yet, but my only complaint on the tracks I've listened to is that I'd like to hear more of Webster on most of them. It's a pretty tall order with the dual 7 string assault and wall of shred, and I'm probably in the minority, but just a little more breathing room and balance would've made it better for me.

Comment

I've heard a couple tracks from it last week, and I like it. I'd also really like to hear more of Alex Webster's bass in the mix.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah it's sweet . I've been waiting for this for awhile. Check out some of Jeff and Kieth's Jam up Pro vids,,they are pretty cool also.

MOSHON
          DAVE
          "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

I think it's pretty good. I burned it to CD cause my local store didn't have this, been listening to it on the road.

It's kinda melodic, progressive, technical almost death metal-ish... it's a little cliche, a little restrained and a little too well polished. It reminds me of a lot of different tunes... I'm almost finished with it... on track 11 I think, so I've only given it a listen once.

I like it... it fits in my rotation of cd's in my car. Great to listen to while driving. Not bad to play loud... nothing too extreme, no gurgling vocals or any vocals at all is a bonus.

I don't think it's pushing any boundaries at all... very play it safe type music... but I've never really cared for Loomis much, but I really like this one.

Just for sake of comparison, this is in rotation with Gorguts - Obscura, Suffocation - Pierced, Zyklon World of Worms, Vital Remains, Decristianize and umm.... Spawn of Possession and an Immolation album... so this album is not really that heavy at all.

Oh, and I gotta thumb up Merrow with the Malevolent Creation Retribution shirt... awesome old-school album.
            Last edited by xenophobe; 03-27-2014, 02:02 AM.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I like it. I thought Loomis' solo record had too much same-ness to every song. There's variety on here and more melody than on Loomis' solo stuff. I love the last song on the record. I saw them jam at NAMM in the Schecter room. Those guys are unreal.

Comment

I like it

Comment

Not bad at all kind of a mix of different metal genres.
                  Thanks God no shitty gutteral vocals I am so tired of that stuff having to do shows with bands like that.
                  Have a show coming up with a doomy cookie monster band and I dread it.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Keith used to be on the Agile forum, pretty cool guy. I hope to see them jam and him break out his agile with the darth vader graphic. it won't happen but it would be kind of funny.
                    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

I'm a little more than halfway through a second listen.

I'm starting to get annoyed. Some stuff is heavily disjointed without any real reason for doing something... abruptly. It sounds like they listened to someone's ipod playlist and then said "hurry up lets write music".

Every 5 seconds I'm being reminded of something from another artist, with that other artist actually doing it better.

It's not edgy or new... it's mostly "play it safe" metal for the masses. It's great background music, but it's frustrating and disappointing when I'm paying full attention to it.

Lead tones and bending/vibrato is getting on my nerves as well... more varied technique please.

There are some good rhythms and drums... but still, nothing that I really haven't heard on one of a couple hundred CDs.

I guess it's the stuff that I didn't like about Loomis' style that's bugging me... I dunno. Think it's pretty good, but lets see how long it lasts in my car's cd rotation...

I think it's much better without vocals. Leave that gay man singing or boy band vocal shit out of metal please. It's far too popular these days.

This album really makes me want to listen to Forbidden - Distortion... one of the best prog CDs ever made in my opinion, but I don't really dig on prog much. Cynic and Control Denied probably being my other favorites. I mostly don't like the "Opeth crowd" prog bands either fwiw.
                      Last edited by xenophobe; 03-29-2014, 05:23 PM.
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

MOSHON
                        DAVE
                        "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Working...
                        X