Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrian w/a....KV??

I dig Adrian Smith....& I LOVE King Vs....but this is just weird:

oh yeah - he played the KV almost exclusively when he and bruce were touring for the "chemical wedding". he even used it a lot when maiden did the initial reunion tour (pre-BNW). i think it was cool. wish he'd bust THAT out instead of the SG or old LP deluxe...
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
      wish he'd bust THAT out instead of the SG or old LP deluxe...
      +1

Comment

I'm just wondering if its a KV2 though since he always uses a non-recessed guitar.

Comment

I could get used to it...
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

In the '99 catalog, he's featured with what appears to be the black KV. It's on the page with the RR models, but I can't recall ever seeing him with a Rhoads.

http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...1999Page04.jpg
            http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...1999Page05.jpg
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I remember seeing that photo, or similar one anyway. I still think that red doubleneck soloist is the best Jackson I've seen him play.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I don' know, it seems to fit him pretty well. V's either fit ya or they don't. Looks good to me.
                "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Coolness. Nothing wrong with going outside your usual comfort zone every once in a while.

Comment

Adrian playing a King V is no weirder than when he played the Lado Earth models...

Comment

Or an Ibanez Destroyer or Dean ML or Z or Gibson Les Paul or Gibson SG.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah what would be weird is if the guy busts out the electric lute and starts jamming number of the beast
                        I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

I like the KV a lot more than the SG. But I've always dug his LP. The first Maiden concert video I ever got was at the Rainbow when he was playing that gorgeous gold top
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Soooo he's a bit of a gear whore. Massive worldwide success can have that effect on a guitarist.

Comment

yea, a bit IIRC, when he came back to Maiden, he was on some guitar website using a Fender Tele to demonstrate how he had adapted his old parts to Drop D, to add some additional texture in the 3 guitar lineup. Dude likes all kinds of guitars

What I like about him is that he buys & uses the stuff. He doesn't enter into a billion endorsement deals to tout the gear of whoever is paying him this month as the greatest piece of equipment he has ever used. Not like some other gear whores.
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X