Hugh Laurie with a Jackson RR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hugh Laurie with a Jackson RR

Was watching 'A Bit Of Fry & Laurie' & "The Bishop & The Warlord' sketch came on. Sure enough, Hugh has a Jackson.

This is early 90's, so what model would it be?

Looks like an RR3.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

that looks like a neckthru. So RR Pro? Or could House have been rocking out with a US Rhoads?
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Looks like it doesn't have binding, though.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Awesome! One of my favourite shows from that era. I seem to remember he references Van Halen and tapping in a House episode too.
          My other signature says something funny

Comment

I saw that sketch a few months ago, and wrote the guitar off as an Aria or something. Whatever it is, it's H/S/S
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by Cliff View Post
              Awesome! One of my favourite shows from that era. I seem to remember he references Van Halen and tapping in a House episode too.
              Pretty sure he played a Gibby Flying V at least once on House...

Comment

there was an episode where house was excited to get a 58 gibson V. there were several episodes with him jamming the blues on the the 58 V.
                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

IIRC, he had an Explorer kicking around on the show (House) as well.
                  Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

I am extremely embarrassed to admit that it was only about 3 years ago that I realized HL was not American. I had only ever seem him in House. Then I saw him randomly in an interview and he had this accent. I was like WTF? My wife was like...."you didn't know this?" FAIL
                    -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                      there was an episode where house was excited to get a 58 gibson V. there were several episodes with him jamming the blues on the the 58 V.
                      I remember seeing him play it, but not the episode where he got hold of it. Good to know I haven't seen 'em all. He seems like quite a decent player.
                      My other signature says something funny

Comment

Could be an Arbor if it's neckthrough. IIRC they skimped on the binding.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                          that looks like a neckthru. So RR Pro? Or could House have been rocking out with a US Rhoads?

I am thinking it's a pro, too because those pros had neck-through and has some models without binding. In fact unless I am mistaken, some of those early pros were so well-made Jackson actually discontinued them due to them eating into the sales of USA models, which is what left us with a solid decade of bolt-on no-binding-on-shit-except-DK2 Jackson imports before they started coming around again.

Originally posted by dvscool View Post
                          I am extremely embarrassed to admit that it was only about 3 years ago that I realized HL was not American. I had only ever seem him in House. Then I saw him randomly in an interview and he had this accent. I was like WTF? My wife was like...."you didn't know this?" FAIL

That happens a lot. A lot of people I know don't beleive me when I tell them that sheriff Rick from Walking Dead is a Brit and his accent is only acting.

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
                            I am thinking it's a pro, too
                            They never did an h/s/s pro..
                            Popular is not the same as good
                            Rare is not the same as valuable
                            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by Cliff View Post
                              He seems like quite a decent player.
                              He's an amzing musician, full stop. What he does in these shows alone is superb.

This is one of my favourites....................

Comment

Working...
                              X