Any old school punk fans out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any old school punk fans out there?

Did a gig with a band called The Jereactors and man they put on one hell of a show. Lead singer and bass player was on his game,lead guitar player was smokin' and had some sweet chops but not a wanking solo freak just tasty and solid. The drummer kicked major ass I have never seen a drummer as fast and in the pocket as this guy just freakin' awesome. All the guys in the band were cool to hang out with and deff party animals. Hope to get on the bill with these guys again. It was just like old times for me these guys "brought it and laid it down". If they come and play close to you check them out.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by straycat; 12-04-2013, 12:37 PM.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

I bet that was fun. I'll have to check them out. And since were speaking of old school punk... Here's some Jacksons in hardcore punk action. I got a bloody nose and a black eye in the pit during this song many moons ago.

Last edited by AdRock; 12-09-2013, 02:27 PM.
    My Toys:
    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
    '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
    '94 Dinky HX in Black
    '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

We have done shows with Deezen and The Down Fi too both bands are pretty cool.
      The bass player in Deezen and Down Fi is Craig Bell who is still in Rocket From The Tombs the old 70's hard core punk band that ruled the punk scene back in the day.
      Hung out with Craig at his house in Indy and he has some killer photos of all the old punk bands.

Comment

I'm a pretty big fan of the early bands (DK, Bad Brains, etc.) and have been really into the old NYHC scene. I've been listening to a lot of it, namely bands like Madball, Killing Time, Murphy's Law, and the Cro-Mags. Very aggressive music, I like it.
        I'm back bitches!!!

Gear:
        ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black
        Agile Al 3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/Blackouts
        Blackstar Soloist HT60
        Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
        Seymour Duncan 805

Comment

Damn I feel old. I was in a band for bit w doug the from Murphy's law yrs back. That was a fun scene back in the day, most of those shitty old clubs that had small bands don't exist anymore.

Originally posted by FunkyApocalypse View Post
          I'm a pretty big fan of the early bands (DK, Bad Brains, etc.) and have been really into the old NYHC scene. I've been listening to a lot of it, namely bands like Madball, Killing Time, Murphy's Law, and the Cro-Mags. Very aggressive music, I like it.

Comment

Cool thread! I still listen to Bad Brains and Fugazi all the time-I think Dr. Know from Bad Brains had some Jackson/Charvels too, back in the day.

Comment

Always dug the hardcore punk bands and glad to see that music is still part of the live club scene.
              If you are ever in Indianapolis Ind hit the Melody Inn on punk rock night.
              Its an old dingy,sweaty smelling place but it rocks!

Comment

The guy that used to hot rod amps for me also did the mods to dr knows Marshall's I got a chance to play thru one for a bit. It was without a doubt the thickest crunchiest sounding Marshall I ever played thru.

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84 View Post
                Cool thread! I still listen to Bad Brains and Fugazi all the time-I think Dr. Know from Bad Brains had some Jackson/Charvels too, back in the day.

Comment

I was listening to Murphy's Law on the commute home tonight!
                  Big hardcore kid here! (man now, I guess)
                  I miss the CT scene from the late 80s - mid 90s

Comment

old school punk rulz, strung out play with jackson/charvel live:

Comment

Strung Out is bad ass.

Comment

Try this fucker for size...
                        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post

Try this fucker for size...
                          G.G. Allin would be proud.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84 View Post
                            He plays an '86 Model 3 in some of the videos on youtube. I think he switched to one of those Wayne Charvel - designed Gibson superstrats at some point before the Quickness album.

Comment

I love old punk from the 80's like DK, Black Flag, Minor Threat, SNFU, Misfits, Dayglo Abortions, Personality Crisis, Exploited, GBH. We had a kick ass punk scene in Winnipeg back then. Tons of excellent local bands and lots of acts made a stop here on tour. I also really love bad Religion, Pennywise, Strung Out and a lot of the crossover stuff from back in the day like D.R.I, Bad Brains, etc. Fugazi rules too. The song Instrument is one of my all time favorite songs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqSo1q2SBvs
                              THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Working...
                              X