New Jake E. Lee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jake E. Lee

New Jake E. Lee tune featuring Robin Zander of Cheap Trick on vocals.

http://www.metalinjection.net/av/gui...-dragon-cartel

http://reddragoncartel.com/band-members/
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

The guy reviewing it murdered it. I didn't think it was bad at all. I hear worse shit on the radio everyday and in fact I liked it. Glad to see Jake is doing something again. The guy was way too talented to be doing nothing.
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

I thought the song was decent, too. I've always thought Jake was Ozzy's best guitar player.

Comment

It is getting a lot of crap from the internet but I like it, I'm interested to hear what the track with Paul Di'Anno is like as well as the rest of the album.

Comment

I have heard the recording. I think people are going to be surprised to find a wide ranging yet cohesive sounding collection. There are some shout outs to Ozzy and Badlands, but I'd stress that it's very fresh. Lots of Jake too.. lots of song-craft as well...not just shred. toejam... I am in agreement... he's my favorite Ozzy player... I'd go on to say though.. I liked the Badlands stuff WAY more than the Ozzy Stuff.

Comment

I'm actually looking forward to get the CD. I also really enjoyed the Badlands stuff more than Ozzy. Well, of course, Ray Gillen was a better singer than Ozzy.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              I thought the song was decent, too. I've always thought Jake was Ozzy's best guitar player.
              +1 Minus Randy
              This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                same..
                I JUST did some research on him last night.. got to thinking.. what is he up too..so i did some googlin
                GEAR:
                #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
                #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
                #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
                #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
                #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
                AMPS:
                1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
                ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

Comment

Voodoo Highway is one of my favorite albums. OF ALL TIME!

sorry, got all Kanye there...
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                    Voodoo Highway is one of my favorite albums. OF ALL TIME!

sorry, got all Kanye there...

definitely some solid songwriting and guitar playing on that 1
                    GEAR:
                    #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
                    #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
                    #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
                    #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
                    #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
                    AMPS:
                    1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
                    ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

Comment

I love Jake, but....eh, this one doesn't do it for me. Maybe that'll change with more listens. I'll still check out the full album when it drops though.

Comment

I thought the song was pretty good. I'm looking forward to hearing the whole album.

Comment

I am glad Jake is back, sorry to hear that song though. Its dribble and uninspiring. I thought it was going to be good when I listened to the intro. Classic Jake playing on that. Then the verses came up and it went completely downhill from there. Looking forward to hearing the entire record and hoping the songs are better than that one. Robin repeated SUCK ME DRY a few times. He should have stopped on SUCK.

Comment

There's some cool chops in this tune (at least the beginning) , but to me, the song does falls wayyyyyyyyyyyy flat. It sounds dated, done before, heard it before and does nothing for me.....Having said all that. I really am glad to see him doing something because hes a great player.....maybe the rest the album will KILL but I wouldn't hold your breath..
                            -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

This album has really grown on me! I've been listening to it alot lately!

Comment

Working...
                              X