Jason Becker's Original Carvin Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason Becker's Original Carvin Guitars

I haven't watched the video yet but looks very promising in terms of getting a good glimpse at his original Carvin Guitars .

I watched that video yesterday, it's very cool!
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Awesome video! I never knew his guitars were stereo! It's such a shame that he's sick. He was a huge influence on my playing.
      This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Great video. Thank you for posting.

Comment

cool

Comment

Very cool!

Comment

Yes, very cool, however, I would have thought that Carvin would have completed this detailed study and clean up as part of the process of building their tribute of Bluie?

Comment

Wow, I figured Carvin would've went to the trouble to make them exact copies. Nice guitars either way. I want one.
                I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

That was sweet. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Brilliant..thanks for sharing!

Comment

Great vid.

For as much abuse as the Blue one got over the years that fret board looked really clean.

And I don't know why, but sitting in front of him and jamming on his guitars just wouldn't feel right to me.
                      My Toys:
                      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
                      '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
                      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
                      '94 Dinky HX in Black
                      '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

I'd want to play his guitars but I couldn't make myself sit there and try to shred in front of him. I'd just have to be me.

Trying to pull off tapping runs and arpeggios in front of Jason Becker is like a 5 year old trying to run the 100 against Usain Bolt in a straightjacket. Sure the 5 year old will win and Bolt will probably think it's cute. But there's a part of his mind that's going "If I wasn't in this straightjacket I would show you what it really looks like to fly."

That's why I get sad when I think of Jason.
                        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Fucking hell, I found that awful to watch. Obviously Jason must be OK with it, but it just seemed like it would be torment for him, he must pray he'll wake from his nightmare one day...
                          So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                            Fucking hell, I found that awful to watch. Obviously Jason must be OK with it, but it just seemed like it would be torment for him, he must pray he'll wake from his nightmare one day...
                            I think he's just happy to be alive. His brain and eyesight are fine, and he can still create music. People with ALS usually only live 3 to 5 years, but he's had it for 25. It is sad, but he's truly got the drive to go on living.

Comment

Originally posted by tomanyjacksons View Post
                              Wow, I figured Carvin would've went to the trouble to make them exact copies.
                              They almost got sued by Jackson for using that headstock, so there is no way in hell they'll ever use it again. And they don't use Kahlers on any of their guitars any more.

Comment

Working...
                              X