X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitarist that deserved WAY more recognition that he ever got

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T3to3DHLIE
    Phil Keaggy
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Phil is extremely talented that's for sure.
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Here's another....playing a Charvette
      Just proves...it's NOT the guitar that makes the player.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8T44MavP-8
      Last edited by bombtek; 10-05-2013, 08:43 PM.
      I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Shawn Lane. There, I said it.

Comment

Shawn Lane got a ton of recognition. Among other guitarists, that is. Eric Johnson may never achieve Household Name status among the general population, along with Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, John Sykes (not the least for his work on the two Whitesnake albums that actually made them money), or even Marty Friedman, but guitarists know who they are, and until they step up to the mic like Eric Clapton, Hendrix, or have a groundbreaking commercially successful band like Led Zeppelin or Van Halen, they'll always get "who?" when mentioned to the majority of non-musicians.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
            Shawn Lane got a ton of recognition. Among other guitarists, that is. Eric Johnson may never achieve Household Name status among the general population, along with Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, John Sykes (not the least for his work on the two Whitesnake albums that actually made them money), or even Marty Friedman, but guitarists know who they are, and until they step up to the mic like Eric Clapton, Hendrix, or have a groundbreaking commercially successful band like Led Zeppelin or Van Halen, they'll always get "who?" when mentioned to the majority of non-musicians.
            If you put it like that.. Phil Keaggy got as much or more recognition than Shawn Lane or even Guthrie Govan. Nobody knows who they are unless they are a student of lead guitar players.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
              If you put it like that.. Phil Keaggy got as much or more recognition than Shawn Lane or even Guthrie Govan. Nobody knows who they are unless they are a student of lead guitar players.
              +1. And it's always going to be like that. People who really get into things, like hardcore guitar players, artists, scientists, biologists, etc, don't have the time or the interest in doing all the shit you need to do to become famous...
              Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Jordan Rudess is one, bey some of you guys didn't know that!
                Guitars:
                Jackson Kevin Bond RR Green
                Jackson Kevin Bond RR Red
                Grover Jackson Dan Spitz RR
                Epi Thunderhorse Explorer

Amps:
                Modded Jet City 100HDM
                custom 4x12

"Moran!"-augistin01(maker of B.C. Rich Deathangels and Defiler of one poor RR1)

Comment

All I know of Phil Keaggy is he's some sort of Christian-based guitar player, and that's only because he was mentioned in Guitar World some 20 years ago or more. Never heard him play a note.

But I bet he's never heard of Chris Impelliteri, either.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by hunterkolb View Post
                    Jordan Rudess is one, bey some of you guys didn't know that!
                    I've only ever seen him play a "key-tar."

Comment

how have i never heard of him? not only is he very good, but the 3 songs ive heard are fantastic, not too often that someone so proficient on the guitar can write so well. in shades of green i can hear at least 5 riffs that have been "re-purposed " off him, nice post thanks for the lead.

Comment

Working...
                      X